Arsenal vs Slavia Praha (Europa League)

So you’re not torn on this debate at all :joy:

But cool. If your standards are this low you really shouldn’t have wanted Wenger out for so many years, because under him this would have been an underwhelming result, he’d have had us stick at least 3 past them without reply, likely more.

1 Like

I’m not so sure Wenger would have smashed them, he’d advance though, but Chelsea in 2019 only beat Slavia 5-3 on aggregate.

When Wenger played them it was 2007, that was legit 14 years ago before Wenger suffered his big decline.

1 Like

Shame it didn’t work out that way last year.

Anyway, as has been noted a couple times, this is a really futile debate as we’re arguing over a result we weren’t even able to secure lol.

You’re right about one thing though, with how incompetent our ownership and board are then yeah I was wrong to want Wenger out, I’ve conceded this to my dude @BigWeng_4LYFE .

2 Likes

Right, let’s look at the bright side(trying hard to see it tbf).
Now we’ve got no choice but to go there with the intent to win.

Our fools were fully capable of winning by a goal or two and go in there thinking they can sit deep and qualify to the semis. Knowing us, it would totally backfire, Zagreb v Spurs style.

2 Likes

Arteta might get bullied into not being a moron and we win handily.

Like has happened a few times tbf. He gets roasted after a run of awful games, changes things for a while and we magically improve. Let’s see.

2 Likes

Our only hope for progression is if we can get the second leg moved to Olympiacos.

3 Likes

Yeah. Trial and error, something magically sticks, run it to the ground, get found out, repeat.

Btw, we’re going nowhere in the league with this type of shit.

1 Like

It’s not really trial end error, it’s

‘try something that everyone knows works’ - ‘it works like everyone said it would’

‘this isn’t smart enough for my smoothbrain tendencies, and I want credit so I want to overcomplicate again’ - ‘predictably, these awful tactics I’ve decided to employ again, with these awful players that are my favourites, don’t work. Well I’m gonna stick with it anyways because I want the credit.’

‘oh shit I might get sacked we are playing awful. Everyone wants me out. Better change back to what actually works.’

Rinse and repeat.

1 Like

2 Likes

:ozil: @BigWeng_4LYFE

1 Like

I think 1-0 might have been a risky result. It would have given these bunch of pricks far too much comfort going into the second leg and left us primed for an upset.

I think I’m content that we’re officially behind in the tie right now. I still think we’re good enough to put 2 or 3 past them but I don’t think we’re good enough to have two good performances over two legs.

6 Likes

This is what Slavia fans will be saying after the beat us 1 - 0 in the second leg.

1 Like

I don’t really mind how we progress as long as we progress. It’s not as though our football has been a source of comfort or joy at any point this season but winning this competition is a means to an end. I don’t care if we have to shit house our way all to the final.

4 Likes

I know what you mean but if we were to shithouse our way to winning the EL and that got Arteta another year at the helm, am not sure that would be a good thing. We’ll get sodomized in the CL under Arteta, so much so that the two 5 - 1 humiliations by Bayern in 2017 will start to feel like respectable scores.

1 Like

I’ve just seen the odds to get through to the next round and we are 2/5 favourites.
We’re also second favourites to win the EL trophy, just behind Man U.

It seems like the bookies are on the Arteta PR bandwagon as well.

If we keep shit housing our way to trophies eventually some other chumps will come take Arteta off us. I want to win shit and I retain the right to complain about everything else in the mean time.

2 Likes