Arsenal vs Slavia Praha (Europa League)

Not Heccy B

1 Like

Where are your standards?! 1-0 at home to total dross like Slavia Prague is never a “very positive result”

2 Likes

A 1-0 win at home in the first leg in a european knockout tie is a great result. Any goal in the away leg and they need 3.

A 1-0 win at home against total shit in the Europa League is not very positive. Its passable, at best.

Honestly, this is how low standards are at this club that people are spinning a 1-0 victory we didn’t secure as very positive. Even under late Wenger we’d have put 3 or 4 minimum past this bunch of shit.

1 Like

You wouldn’t have taken a win with a clean sheet if you were offered it before kickoff?

A very positive result against total shit is to keep a clean sheet and win by several goals.

To call 1-0 very positive and to talk about how we were so close to this amazing result is really lame Arteta fan bullshit.

SP are not the quality of team you look at 1-0 as being a great result. It’s the kind of result that does the job but certainly isn’t a great one.

A 1-0 win is nothing to go crazy over, I was just pointing out that we were very close to a massive advantage heading to Prague and that it would have been difficult to see us exit from that position with a clean sheet and goal advantage

2 Likes

We won 1-0 AWAY at Olympiakos in the first leg last year and still got eliminated :joy:

It isn’t as safe or as good a result as you’re making out at all imo.

Anyway, we clearly view this from very different perspectives, so whatever.

Yeah and we lost 2-1 at home and got eliminated? If we lost 2-1 in an away leg to Slavia after 1-0 HOME win we are through on away goals.

Look, if you wouldn’t be happy with a 1-0 home first leg win fair enough. I don’t think you can argue that the margins are very fine though and we’re extremely well placed with that score line yesterday.

1 Like

A 1-0 win away is certainly a better one than a 1-0 win at home, yet despite securing that better result we still went out. So my point is that an inferior 1-0 win at home is clearly not as good or as safe a result as you make out when we’re talking about an Arsenal side managed by Mikel Arteta.

Look, if you’re happy with only beating total shit 1-0 then fair enough. As I said, merely an indication of how low the standards now are at this once great club.

Also, its fucking stupid for us to argue at length about how positive a result 1-0 would have been because our stupid twat of a manager couldn’t even manage to lead his team to a victory.

I’m torn on this debate, a 1-0 win the 1st leg at home would probably see that team progress 80 % of the time statistically.

The fact we’re currently mid table and in a state of disarray domestically means you’d probably have taken any positive result vs Slavia.

It’s true the standards have dropped as a club massively, I remember being irate at Wenger for not being able to have proper title challenges like 6-7 years ago and get bundled out rd 16 of CL.

It’s all a moot point because we didn’t even get that 1-0 result unfortunately :flushed:

1 Like

We took a defeat at home in the last round and a late goal in Benfica.
Course you take a 1 0 win. It’s cup football. It’s a campaign. We took a penalty shoot out over Wigan few years ago and won the cup. It’s a cup competition and as much as people want too play down Slavia there an awkward opponent for us right now.

1 Like

That’s what happens when you smalldick.

Which is a different point to hailing it as being a “very positive result”

Well it is a positive result in a knockout European tie.

1 Like

You’ve omitted the word very. Because you know it isn’t fitting.

I actually think it is very positive result if you win 1-0, basically means if you score the return leg then you won’t go out.

1 Like

I can’t get behind a 1-0 home win against Slavia Prague being a very positive result.

2 Likes

Beat these shitter 7-0 in the Champions League at home last time.

1 Like