Arsenal vs Slavia Praha (Europa League)

I’m in agreement with whoever said we should swap back to a 343. Without Tierney and Luiz I think that’s the way you fit our best 11 on the pitch. If Ødegaard is going to miss out, I’d feel most comfortable with the following lineup:

-------------------Leno----------------
Chambo-----Gabriel------Mari
Cedric—Partey–Dani—Saka
Pepe----------Auba----------ESR

3 Likes

Totally agree, although I’d have Xhaka in there instead of Ceballos :grin:

Did you watch the aids in the first half of the season? I never want to see that formation under Arteta ever again.

3 Likes

Even with Smith-Rowe on the pitch we’re going to have the same problem as the first months of the season: nobody in the hole behind the striker. The link up with Auba is going to be rubbish again and he will be isolated. Best is just to give it a go with Soares.

1 Like

It isn’t an easy fix at all but I still see an argument for making use of it, cause if for instance you can get Saka pushing up down the left and working with Smith-Rowe on that side we can be dangerous getting those two close to each other. Without a proper left back and with our current available CBs, none of which are very inspiring aside from Gabriel on his day, I think theres an argument to go back to it. This is partly also informed by the fact that I’d much prefer to see Cedric on the right rather than him moving over to the left and Bellerin coming back into the side.

The key is removing Xhaka from the equation. Hes not near mobile enough. As long as you have Partey and Dani covering for the forward runs of the full backs it will be fine. ESR and Saka could create a lot of chances in that scenario. Dani creates a lot of chances too tbh.

Slavia Prague are taking us out over 2 legs.

I have a nagging feeling to the same effect which I’m trying to ignore.

That really shouldn’t happen, our squad is head and shoulders above them talent wise. Not saying it couldn’t happen because yea I don’t have the most confidence in our manager either, and if it did, it’s an instant sacking offense. Which again won’t happen :joy::joy:

1 Like

Our potential lineups for this game look rather woeful, no Tierney or Odegaard really is no good.

1 Like

ESR, Xhaka and Saka back though.

Btw, Chambers missing from training today.

I wish we would just play Bola or another of the academy kids at LB.

Not that they’re any good but it’s a benefit-risk situation.

And taking Saka away from where he is best is bad. And a 3-4-3 would be bad under Arteta.

But we don’t do common sense at this club.

1 Like

Yeah the defence just looks so poor, we’ll have zero attacking threat from our left hand side.

Tbf, Cedric and Pepe were great together while Tierney was out. At least offensively.
But yeah, we need to sort out the defence. It’s a timebomb at the moment. They can’t help themselves. Mustafi would be proud.

1 Like

Really need to start well tonight. Move the ball well and quick Slavia.
Not sure we will start well with players missing and imperative we don’t concede early.
Don’t fancy this at all. Arsenal as favourites don’t handle pressure. Going for a 2 1 defeat.

3 Likes

I actually think a Saka Pepe tag team on the left side would be pretty exciting going forward. As it also allows Odegaard at CAM and ESR on the right with Auba as main striker

There was a game where we did that while we were chasing a goal and they were killing it on the left flank. I think it was Villa?
Then Arteta decided to bring on Willian and moved Pepe back to the right. Couldn’t create shit after that. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Slavia Prague vs Rangers:

Arsenal vs Slavia Prague

1 Like

We are second favourites to win the EL and only Dinamo Zagreb are lower than Slavia Prague, with the bookies.
We might not make it look easy but we should go through, although beating the likes of Man U, Villarreal, Roma or Ajax will certainly not be easy.

But we are not in any other competitions, we’re not in relegation trouble, we have no injuries to key players and our next few fixtures couldn’t be much easier.
So there is no excuse and not getting to the final would be a complete failure from Arteta.