Arsenal vs Norwich (PL)

Lol, sure.

Why’s the second one spelt correctly?

1 Like

That’s all fair bro, but this squad is out of credits in my eyes, they’ve had more than enough chances. We fielded basically the same squad we’ve been fielding for the last year with the exception of 3 players, one of which has played every game so far excluding one.

We beat Norwich a team which is championship quality and has one of the worst defences in the league, unconvincingly 1-0 at home.

This was our best team, and apart from enthusiasm and the actual result there isn’t much else to take home, our best team just about beat Norwich. Nothing here to say, “hey first 3 results were bad but we had players missing, this is the real Arsenal” no major statement from the team, should be beating this 4/5 goals. That’s why even though I’m happy we won, I’m concerned that even with our first team we’re actually very lower mid table.

3 Likes

Because the first was a typo and the second wasn’t. I’m not saying that you don’t know how to spell it, I just don’t believe it was bait lol

Yeh I get where you are coming from man, I guess time will tell and as we know with Arsenal the more we see the more miserable it gets.

Perhaps for me the greatest positive is that it looks like we finally have a great first 11. How Xhaka will destroy that remains to be seen and God knows if Arteta will even stick to the 4231, we could see some awful 5atb next week.

I certainly don’t think we’ve turned a corner, but maybe it’s a baby step in the right direction. I thought the team had a good hustle today and the crowd got behind them.

1 Like

I think the incorporation of new players looks good. On the flip side the established players in the attacking unit are not clicking, particularly Pepe who has had plenty of time at Arsenal now. He is running out of time to prove he deserves a role as a first team regular.

I’m no doom and gloom merchant by a longshot, but the above is Ornstein / Gunnerblog levels of PR man :grimacing:

We were incredibly wasteful today and looked really sloppy in attack. We scored the most uninspiring goal lol. Norwich are destined to finish bottom this season and we scraped a 1 nil win.
Also if it wasn’t for a last minute vital block from Gabriel, it could have ended differently, but thank fuck it didn’t.

We haven’t turned any corners just yet. Gonna wait for the next two tough games.

2 Likes

We were okay. No one was spectular no one was dreadful. We won. One game at a time. That’s my thoughts.

1 Like

I was there…We won, we struggled to beat a team that WILL be relegated, we were okay, nothing more…Manager HAS TO GO…He is dreadful, and dragging us down BIG TIME!

If you have seen the pet thread, I REALLY needed a pick me up today, I DID NOT GET IT…Still feel like shit!

2 Likes

I’m taking this game as a step in the right direction. There’s a long way to go but it doesn’t change overnight. I want progression each game going forward becoming more defensively solid and more clinical as we go.

3 Likes

I missed anything to do with today’s game
How did we play ? Did Ramsdale get a game and how did he get on ?

I was there at the Emirates today. It was a good match which we dominated in large spells. We wasn’t as clinical as we should have been, but we created a lot of chances.

Tomiyasu looked good at RB, Lokonga was excellent again in midfield, and Odegaard was excellent throughout the match. White and Gabriel looked good as a CD partnership and Partey made a big difference when we came on as a sub. We should have scored more, but you could tell that this was a team low on confidence. We could have easily scored 3-4 goals and on another day, we would have.

Ramsdale didn’t have a lot to do, but what he did, he did well. The big positive was that he looked very comfortable at playing out from the back, including in tight situations, something that Leno struggles with.

Overall, very happy with the result. Good atmosphere at the Emirates too today. Everyone really got behind the team. Cheeseburger was good too…I thought I better help Arsenal out, given how much they have spent during the summer! :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m scared to ask but how much is a cheeseburger at the Emirates?

It wasn’t too bad actually…£5.50 I think but it was good. I think they may have reduced their prices a little!

ÂŁ2.20 for a bottle of water though is taking the piss!

2 Likes

ÂŁ2.20 for a bottle of water is still better than five euros for one when I was in Space Nightclub in Ibiza in 2016 :joy:

Yeah but that makes sense, when everyone is on the disco biscuits and not the booze the club needs to make their money somehow :grin:

2 Likes

They saw you coming @Calum :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Most nightclubs are a rip off full stop!

I didn’t buy it! :joy:

1 Like

As for the match I was too tired to give any real proper thoughts on 220am last night.

I thought we started brightly first 15-20 mins but couldn’t turn it into clear cut chances which was rather annoying.

Minutes 20-45 were absolutely disgusting, couldn’t get control of the ball, didn’t pressure the canaries and we really needed HT when it arrived.

2nd half we deserved our win, but Geez it was poor that we couldn’t get the 2nd goal and so often make the wrong choice in the final third, be it hold onto the ball too long or try and dribble when we should be releasing a pass, or go for some fancy move when not required.

In all all Norwich a poor and it was only 1-0, but when you’re winless and scoreless after 3 games you have to start somewhere, so I’ll take any 3 points at this stage lol.

6 Likes

Still 1-0 to The Arsenal on match of the day…