Arsenal Vs Napoli (UEL Quarter Final 1st Leg)

Think it was Torino wasnt it mate.

Yeah pretty sure weā€™ve only played Napoli twice

Will interesting to see how this team will deal with Mertens and Insigne. Defending against pace has been a big problem.

1 Like

So it was :pensive:

Adams with the deciding goal in the home leg. Ian Wright getting obstructed by a defender and Torino playing out the rest of the game with 10 men.

I remember the first leg being 0-0 mostly for ITV showing that game on a weeknight and then Sheff Wed v Man Utd in the league cup straight after. Would be unheard of now! What about Corrie?

1 Like

Keep it togetherā€¦ a goal and a clean sheet would be wonderful atm.

Either 1-1 or 2-1 to us, but either of those results wonā€™t be good enough for progression.

Yeah I reckon if they score at all, we really need 3ā€¦ hope we can solve their attack and get a goal to put pressure on them at Napoli.

1 Like

Think its going to be hard to take a good lead. Just think the stakes being high we will squeeze a 1 0 win but not sure its enough for the return though.

8 Likes

I never would have thought Iā€™d have missed Xhaka this much to be absolutely buzzing heā€™s back but here we areā€¦ :no_mouth:

Is it just me who can post in this thread?.. :thinking:

MATCHDAY!

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!! :red_circle::white_circle:

Iā€™m hoping for a 0-1 loss. Napoli are there for the taking at the Sao Paolo

:wink:

7 Likes

Oh shit this is tonight!!!

2 Likes

BIG GAME ALERT!!

Iā€™m confident. Xhaka, Kos and Torreira starting will make a big difference.

2 Likes

Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Granit Xhaka and Henrikh Mkhitaryan are the trio who are walking a tightrope from the first whistle at the Emirates. If any of those are booked on Thursday, they will miss the second leg.

Bloody Sokratis again, walking yellow card!

2 Likes

200px-1_Sokratis_Papastathopoulos

9 Likes

So many of his fouls are needless

3 Likes

Think Mhki will be dropped in favour of Iwobi tonight.

I wonder how Unai will approach it with the midfield? Surely with Xhaka/Torreira back, theyā€™ll be starting. Maybe take Guendouzi out and put Ɩzil in the midfield trio. Laca/Iwobi/Auba upfront. All out blitz.

Also, how have none of the top clubs gone in for Insigne?

I will be watching this before work, not really sure what to expect, but I think weā€™d need to win by a couple of goals to have a chance at qualification.

I think weā€™ll win this by just one goal but I donā€™t think that will be enough to take back to their place.
Iā€™ll go 1-0 Xhaka to score.

1 Like