Arsenal Vs Liverpool (PL)

To me there’s no argument, and the scousers can moan as much as they want, Mane went for the original pass, and he was in an offside position and interfering, therefore, Correct decision, no goal!

2 Likes

Thing is, didn’t the official only put his flag up after Mane tapped it in?

In his view, Mane wasn’t interfering in the first phase and on the second phase he judged him offside (when he was onside). The official fucked it completely I reckon

2 Likes

A guy in work is a ref (and an Arsenal fan) who is ranked the top level in Ireland (next step up would be UEFA ranked) and he says it was absolutely a good goal and should have stood.

But I still spent 20 minutes arguing with him about it.

10 Likes

Liverpool can fuck off this cost us the win in August 2015. Game ended 0-0

1 Like

The issue is that the rule can be interpreted one of many different ways. Who knows the decision the refs woulda made if VAR was available. However having watched the NFL replay system, I gurantee that when VAR is a thing there will be instances like this that a certain team will feel agrieved even after the use of replay.

And every pundit on TV said the same.

What a ball by Santi Cazorla :fire:

1 Like

2 Likes

Yes

The official fucked the decision making process

However I do believe there is a very strong argument that says Mane is clearly active and should be flagged. Lino just got timing wrong.

If putting your arm up,appealing for the cross and running into the area does not make you active then what does? Fact the other player got to the ball first is not important. Mane was involved in the move and gained an advantage of territory on the defender by being in an offside position

For me, in simple terms of justice, the goal should not stand not withstanding current laws on phases. If you extrapolate the logic that says he was not offside then there is nothing to stop goal hangers staying in the box remaining onside as long as they are behind the person who passes to them

Clearly they would be interfering with play constantly.

5 Likes