Arsenal vs Liverpool (PL) 3-2

They know they’re going to concede so may as well have the aim of outscoring us in a high scoring game lol

1 Like

Fair enough, would be brilliant from Arteta if this keeps Salah quite

If we win, it will really make a statement.
We will have gone from having a reputation as a side that can’t handle pressure against the big clubs, to a side that is not only playing consistently well but is also mentally strong.

It also means that we will be fourteen points ahead of Liverpool after only nine games, although they do have a game in hand, which will virtually wipe out any title ambitions they had.

Both teams will go for the win and they’ll be a few goals so possibly a high scoring draw.

1 Like

Very interesting choice from Klopp… And a strange one.

Tbf I think it looks totally out of balance, their back 4, already having many problems, will look even more vulnerable.

Personally I think it’s a bit of a desperate move from Klopp.

I’m even more optimistic about our chances now.

2 Likes

Was Thiago not supposed to be out

Pool got four forwards in sacrifice of a midfielder. They’re going for the jugular.

We should be overrunning that midfield fo sho

2 Likes

Not a good feeling to see Tomi as LB…

I believe he was a doubt, apparently fit to start.

Yeah, we should be in total cotrol with that midfield. An easy one for Partey. :xhaka2:

I just hope we don’t create space for their front 4 with some silly mistakes at the back and we should be fine.

1 Like

That’s the key. Dominate that we win. If we don’t that fire power will do for us.

2 Likes

I’m looking at you Gabriel

1 Like

The four forwards is an attempt to put pressure on our formation when we lose the ball it would be four versus three on the counter, but in doing that you accept not having the ball much

1 Like

Tomi will eat the Pyramid Robben alive. Holy shite we have 4 big ass CBs in the backline. Deadball FC for the WIN !

2 Likes

Liverpool always have a player who is a “doubt” who ends up being fine

2 Likes

I will lose my shit if we let Nunez score

Like Mourinho playing Zanetti at LB against Messi in 2010. Lets hope it works as well.

1 Like

I think Klopp’s gameplan is to press our back 4 when we play out from the back as much as they can with their 4 attackers. He knows, I guess, they can’t rely on their midfield two or their back line to dominate us…

They will try to press our back 4 aggressively and create chances from that.

I hope Arteta reads this! :laca2:

3 Likes

Pretty sure this is how they lined up against Rangers and dominated them. I guess Klopp is just sticking with what worked last game.

We’re not Rangers though. And I’m sure Arteta prepared for this as one possible scenario.

1 Like