Arsenal vs Liverpool (PL) 3-1

Completely different game compared to Forest though. Forest sat with 8-10 players behind the ball for 95% of the game. Pool will come and look to counter but won’t be nearly as compact or low, they will come to press and that opens up spaces if we can break the press.

Liverpool showed so much respect for us that for the latest game at Anfield they flooded the pitch and didn’t cut the grass to try to disrupt our game.

Wary of Jota, cos that Tom Daley wannabe seems to cause us problems but overall we should have enough about us to win this.

I am with @Truth_hurts, 3-1 Arsenal

2 Likes

We need a fast start and to boss them about in the opening 10 minutes. Basically, repeat the FA Cup performance but this time take our bastard chances. Need to score when we are on top.

The big teams give you more room to play which will suit us. There will be space to exploit.

Equally, I worry that our heavy possession game will lend itself perfectly for counter attacks led by that rat fuck Jota. He’s in the form of his life and he seems to always hurt us.

4 Likes

There’s no escaping how big this one is. If everyone is on their game and the attacking partnerships work, we win, if we stutter they’ll batter us.

Already stressing about this match. The pessimist in me has fully taken control and I’m expecting a loss.

4 Likes

We seem to have recovered from our wobble, but that last game ended up more stressful than it should have… I expect some goals but also a tense, edgy affair… i see a 1-1 or 2-2 draw. Would be huge 3 points if we can nick it though.

1 Like

Yeah think we’ll probably lose this. Will have to be perfect in order to get the points as we won’t be getting any major decisions in our favour. If last night was anything to go by, Klopp’s last remaining months are basically going to be an ode to God in terms of referees, commentators etc. Honestly, the way they were basically having an orgasm live on air over Conor Bradley. Had to mute it.

3 Likes

A loss is pretty much the first nail in our coffin for this season. A draw is not disastrous by any means but realistically speaking a win but be a very big boost. That statement win against City earlier this season almost feels forgotten now.

1 Like

that statement game did not assure us to be the winner of the league but rather showed what we can do against a big team.

competitiveness is not equal to trophies.

Don’t think it’s unrealistic to expect us to beat a Salah-less Liverpool at home. Will probably be a very tight affair though, with both us and them very much in the title race.

Yeah but whichever way you cut it you need a good couple of big results against teams like that if you want to win the league.

I’ve settled for a top four finish. Makes this game a free hit.

All eggs in the CL basket

1 Like

of course, we need to take this if we want the league.
it is up to the boys and how bad they want it.
fans cannot play the games for them.

Although I think our title charge is likely over, this is still a must win. If not to take advantage if both Liverpool and City fall off then just to break this hoodoo we’ve developed playing against Liverpool.

A draw is disastrous if you still have hopes of a league title, it’ll leave us 5 points behind Liverpool ( who have less difficult away fixtures )

5 points behind city likely after they win the game in hand this month.

To have any unlikely hope of winning the title we simply have to win Sunday.

1 Like

This.

(Having said that, they haven’t beaten us in the last 3 in the league, which is nice)

Beating Liverpool to stop them winning the league would be just desserts enough for the FA Cup defeat.

1 Like

If we lose then Liverpool go eight points clear, with Man City still favourites for the title and also means it’ll probably be us and spurs going for third place, which isn’t great, despite us being in the CL.

A draw would suit Liverpool more than us but if we win, we’d be a couple of points off the top and although Man City will have two games in hand, at least we’re still in the title race.

1 Like

We are firmly third favourites now. Outsiders. I do feel like the losses to Fulham and West Ham have drastically altered our expectations.

A title winning team beats Liverpool at home. They get big, statement wins. They pull out big dick performances / results when it matters the most.

If we manage the win, I’m back on the title bandwagon. If draw or lose, our chances diminish hugely. We’ve lost belief and we need a big win to recapture it. Perfect timing and opportunity to do so.

2 Likes

I’m really missing the point you’re trying to make bro

The big problem for me is…
Even if we do win here, I’d still give Liverpool a higher chance of winning the league.

Generally, all season we struggle to create proper chances and score against almost any opponent, no matter how big/small they are.
Liverpool seem much more comfortable in getting those “mandatory” wins against mediocre teams and that’s why they seem more capable of winning the league atm.

No matter how this game ends we’ll need to keep improving in the final turd.

I watched a lot of big dick performances and most of them were not even fully erected.

So, back to football… a big win is a bonus.
We just need to win to get the title chance back.