Arsenal Vs Liverpool (Community Shield)

So our first game of pre season is the community shield :joy: 2020 is a fucking messed up year

Who will lift the famous shield?

• Arsenal
  • Liverpool

0 voters

1 Like

I put Arsenal, but only because I think Liverpool will give even less of a fuck about it than we do. Klopp probably wonā€™t even turn up!

4 Likes

Weā€™re only just back in training today arenā€™t we? :joy:

We arenā€™t going to take this seriously, are we?

Arsenal should field an eleven full of academy players/graduates.

1 Like

Why is this a fortnight before the league starts?

1 Like

Because Wenger isnā€™t here anymore, does the Community Shield still count as a major trophy? :grinning:

1 Like

If we win its a trophy, if we lose its a friendly. Thatā€™s how it works.

10 Likes

Was wondering the same thing.

Anyway, inconsequential game. Canā€™t read too much into a win, a loss will give the doubters more fuel. At the end, as long as we donā€™t pick up any injuries (being the first game in a few weeks), am okay with whatever the outcome.

Because there are international fixtures the week in between

Yuck

Pretty much it. WGAF? Wembley is a second home for us. Arsenal win.

Now this really is a friendly to gain some match fitness ahead of the season.

1 Like

So f*cking glad there is football again!

So strange that this will be our only pre-season game.

Shirtless players will make it more exciting though :bergkamp:

Will anyone actually watch this?

• Yes of course itā€™s The Arsenal
  • I specifically bought a month of BT for this game despite claims to the contrary
  • Maybe, if Iā€™ve finished Netflix by then
  • I am washing my hair
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Iā€™m at the beach that weekend, a long awaited break at last. Donā€™t care much about this game.

1 Like

Going out in the afternoon and then to my friends new flat on Saturday. Iā€™ll check the score on twitter and here.

Donā€™t think it Iā€™ll miss much

Iā€™ll be on a 4-5 hour train journey to Scotland while the game is on, so will watch as part of my onboard entertainment

Lolpool have been in training for weeks. It will be a bloodbath. Kneejerk reactions incoming anyway when we loose.

2 Likes

I noticed @Bl1nk and @Cristo voted ā€œwashing my hairā€. With their luscious locks, Iā€™m pretty certain theyā€™re not even joking!

:cristo:

6 Likes