Arsenal Vs Chelsea (The FA Cup Final)

Arteta has managed to beat Liverpool, Man City and Man U, since he’s been here, so it shows he knows how to beat the big clubs.
The only big club he hasn’t beaten is Chelsea but we did get a 2-2 draw away to them.
I think we’ll win this 2-1 with an Aubameyang penalty and free kick from Pepe.

If Arteta wins, he will have won the FA Cup as a player and manager for the same club and Lampard the same but Arteta will be the second Arsenal player after Graham to have done it.

6 Likes

Breaks my heart seeing Guendo in these vids. :disappointed:

1 Like

:eyes::eyes:
2 Likes
1 Like

Already feel sick af thinking about Giroud against our backline.

Part of me thinks that first goal wins this even with our appalling record of dropping points.

2 Likes

Weird how when he played for us, our own fans didn’t have any faith in him troubling anyone else’s backline

6 Likes

I bet he could trouble your backl…

Pah! Disgusted by myself as I type it

I know, I know. I gave him a lot of grief after his debacle in Monaco a few years ago and I do honestly believe that if he hadn’t shit the bed for 10 weeks towards the end of the season we win the title over LCFC.

That being said, he’s been incredibly effective for Chelsea lately and we all know that he’s a streaky player.

EDIT: @DavidHillier cmon broseph. You’re better than that.

Love this :joy:

1 Like

This was a YouTube Premiere when I posted it btw. You can check it now. Such a nice vid.

I love how impressed they were with themselves. They couldn’t believe the type of football we played. We bossed it that day. Hector back then was a completely different player.
Really hope to see this type of performance against Chelsea. Seeing many Chelsea fans completely writimg us off as per. Would be nice giving them a slap like we did to City.

I like to romanticise football sometimes, and that beautiful moments make the painful lows as a fan, more bearable.

And I personally believe that what is meant to be, will be. No matter what I, or any fan does, at the end of it all we can’t dictate the final outcome, whatever happens, will happen.

We have reached where we are today, because it is what we deserved. A slide down the table as a warning to the club to wake up, and stop the complacency, the neglect - with our scouting, our coaching and so on.

But another appearance in the final of the beautiful FA cup because no matter how crazy our league campaign, we find our way back here as its in our blood, combined with the players’ efforts.

I sit and I imagine the following scenarios:

• Our number 14 scoring the winner to secure our record 14th FA cup.

• Xhaka scoring the winner and dedicating it to the fans, after the turbulent relationship he experienced with the fans earlier in the same season

• Arteta winning his first silverware his first 8 months ever as a coach (more than Poch during his entire time at Spurs… But that’s banter for another time)

• History possibly repeating itself twice after the Man City match:

Who will be our Ramsey? Our Ray Parlour?

2020 has been a wild year. It would be the most on-brand story if this squad, with the season they’ve had, step up and make their young coach proud in his first ever managerial role.

20 Likes

Lovely post.

Wish I could give it 2 likes…

Great stuff.

C’mon Gunners! Dig deep and repeat that City performance.

1 Like

I’d forgotten about this :laughing:

2 Likes

download (13)

Arteta literally gestures to Vermaelen when William asks lol

It’s not something I noticed at the time, but I do remember people (Probably Michael Cox) complaining afterwards. To be fair, it does actually look like Arteta goes to put a hand towards the trophy, but TV swipes it.

Arteta gestures to both him and Vermaelen.

1 Like

I have high hopes but really hoping it does not go the way of the Europa Cup final

1 Like