Arsenal vs Burnley (Wenger's last home game partyyy)

I imagine he’ll leave the trophy in the club’s care. I think it’s exactly the right gesture, to acknowledge that he gave this club success on a level it had never experienced before, certainly not in the lifetime of most fans.

Just giving my take on things. It’s not my fault if it doesn’t fit with the consensus.

Anyway alternative opinions are good for discussion

What an original approach to posting on a message board.

I’m sure everyone is very interested by this new and innovative style that definitely hasn’t been employed by other very tiresome members down the year, and certainly none of them did it a lot better than you.

1 Like

?

Cal asked a direct question and I directly answered with zero malice or lame sarcasm.

Not sure what your problem is, not sure what the point of your post is either.

1 Like

As well as most of the season.
Why can’t we play like this away from home?

Just on press conference, Wenger doesn’t know what he will do with the trophy.
He was very surprised by the gesture.

The queues for programmes today. Blimey.

I don’t know how many they printed or if they sold out, but if they did then it’ll be because they were letting people buy 10 each!

Also, I was a big fan of Burnley fans singing “you’re only here for the T-shirt” :flushed:

Well because to put it bluntly, he’ll be dead one day. Yeah, he doesn’t care about awards, you’re right. But, the club felt a gesture was due and what better way than a symbol of the man’s greatest achievement? None, I say.

Seriously?

We haven’t won the PL since because of penny pinching and Sheikhs/Oligarchs.

I can’t help but think potentially naming a stand after him, erecting a statue and continually confirming his status as the greatest Arsenal manager ever is enough of a gesture for all his efforts plus those gestures are more personable and will probably be more meaningful to Wenger than a the golden PL trophy which he knows belongs to the whole club, the fans and the staff and not just himself.

Infact they should have announced they were naming a stand after him instead of giving him the trophy

In any case the whole thing isn’t really a big deal tbh

1 Like

I hope they do all of that for him tbh in addition to the trophy.

Yeah, I agree it’s not really a big deal. What’s done is done.

1 Like

Beating sides 7th-20th at home is our bread and butter, but putting 5 past Burnley is actually impressive given their defensive record.

So Iwobi scored, Wilshere got an assist and Bellerin got two? I guess preseason started early this year.

Did Burnley play with the under-23s?

2 Likes

So @Phoebica or others who were at the game, how respectful were the Burnley fans to the whole Wenger thing?

1 Like

I’ve read numerous tweets saying they joined in singing “One Arsene Wenger” and some stayed for the after match stuff and applauded.

Class from Burnley tbh. Hope they do well in Europa

1 Like

Thought they were great. They were in proper Wenger adoration mode. We had a round of “You wanted him sacked” and “Arsène Wenger, he’s bigger than you”

They were actually singing “There’s only one Arsène Wenger” when they were 4-0 down! And they joined in with all the applause.

As Calum said, there were quite a few who stayed behind afterwards too. I saw a couple on the train later on and some other Arsenal fan started chatting to them. They said they were glad to be a part of it and to witness it.

Imagine if our last home game had been against Spurs or Stoke :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

It wasn’t the actual golden trophy, just a replica.

Where you getting that?

Well they’re not the same size :slight_smile:

Are you saying it’s not the actual PL trophy or it’s not the one the FA had specially made to commemorate the unbeaten season?

Because it was the second one.

1 Like

Oh.