Arsenal vs Burnley (PL)

It sure is. If you can make it to Pikesville by 7pm you’re welcome to join my family at our fave Chinese place. It’s confusingly named Jumbo Seafood but is pretty good for stir fry and lo mein.

1 Like

Does it have to be Chinese? Or do you sometimes get a pizza, Indian, Mexican etc?

2 Likes

Traditionally nothing else is open on Christmas in the States.

4 Likes

Prob not because of the vast mixtures of milk and meat in those cuisines. Chinese is the most kosher of the cuisines I guess.

There’s actually a long tradition of new Jewish immigrants to the United States finding a haven in Chinese food instead of the other three main ethnic cuisines of the late 1800s and early 1900s: Mexican, Italian and Irish due to the fact they all rely on combining meat and milk and generally use pork.

Chinese food is generally milk free and although shrimp certainly aren’t kosher by any stretch of the imagination they don’t carry the same cultural taboo that pork does within the Jewish community.

1 Like

Meat and potatoes?

Don’t sell yourself short @shamrockgooner I’m sure Irish cuisine is much more expansive than that.

I guess we have Peas too. And Guinness. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG. That reminds me. Guinness opened a brewery near me! I think it’s the first one opened in North America?

1 Like

Beyond enjoying it’s taste my knowledge of Guinness is slim to none :slight_smile:

Guinness cake is the best cake I’ve ever had.

yeah the one near us is crap… the American blonde Guinness is piss compared to the nectar of the Gods that is true Guinness out of a tap. To be fair, the cans with the nitro in them aren’t bad.

1 Like