Arsenal vs Burnley (PL)

Who would wrap a football as Christmas present faster?

• Gunnersaurus
  • Bertie Bee

0 voters

• Arsenal win
  • Draw
  • Burnley win

0 voters

Went with a draw because Luca isn’t here to tell me off.

(We’ll win.)

1 Like

If we don’t win this I’ll be truly worried for the first time.

Normal service to be resumed, dare I say it Perhaps a half time goal advantage here? :open_mouth:

Have to win after that shambles… it is only League Cup, but meh our finishing was dire and we let them get in on 2 basic breakaways… it really was a bit like the old Wenger Arsenal post-stale where we had chances, couldn’t finish, then got punished by calamitous defending and decent enough finishing.

If we’re on about who would be faster at wrapping, then clearly no one is better at speed than our Dino @Calum :gunnersaurus:

Really should beat Burnley home home despite the poor form we’re currently in. I can see it being edgy though, 2-1 Arsenal.

We’re about to go into a full on death spiral here.

3-1 Burnely

Death and destruction ! Love it brother !

Sam Vokes brace incoming with a Tarkowski deflected shot finishing us off in the 85th minute.

/s

In all seriousness, Kos does not look ready to play at this level right now. He might not be able to play at this level ever after that type of injury and rehabilitation. It’s sad because he’s spent so long at the club but he really should not be considered an option going forward. If he starts in defense I would be very nervous. I do think we’ll win but it seems like the usual suspects on Twitter are revving up for a full blown diaper filling meltdown.

I fear us in the set pieces. We should have enough to beat them though. Reckon Özil returns, scores and does his celebration in front of Unai

Going to be tough old game, we need to give a few players a rest imo, the likes of Torreira and Auba could do with a game on the bench. They look tired last night. Kos shouldn’t be playing a game until FA Cup game imo, he’s a liability out there. I think he’s finished and this should be his last season at Arsenal. Hopefully either Bellerin, Kos or Mustafi will be back. He should play Ozil in this game, as Burnley will be playing 11 behind the ball. I even give Elneny a game in the CM, although Emery won’t. I don’t want to see both Iwobi and Miki on at the same time either.

We will need a performance after the last 2 games, I’m going for a 1-0 or 2-1 win for us, don’t see this been a entertaining game. Going to be scrappy.

1 Like

I’ll be surprised if we go behind to this lot.
Should be fairly comfortable.
I’ll go 2-0 with Ramsey and Aubameyang to score.

1 Like

Teams who usually don’t play well or don’t score goals usually break that hoodoo when they play us. With our defending, it could well happening.

Torreira can’t pick up a yellow here or he misses the Liverpool game, right? I’d have half a mind to start Xhaka and MG in midfield. The Liverpool match is going to be brutal as it is.

1 Like

Sead Kolasinac
Right thigh. Being assessed ahead of Burnley (h) on Saturday, December 22.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Right ankle. Being assessed ahead of Burnley (h) on Saturday, December 22.

Shkodran Mustafi
Right hamstring. Expected to return to full training next week.

Hector Bellerin
Left calf. Expected to return to full training in two weeks.

6-0. They are shit this season

If he plays 3 atb in this game christmas is ruined for me.

4 Likes

Burnley are well overdue a win against us. However, we can’t lose this one, can we? Surely…

Could be tough this one if we dont get an early goal. Unlucky at wembley last week and we always seem to get a bit of luck against them.
Not looking forward too it if im honest because the reality of this squad depth being seen now. Three poor showings in the last three outings starting too worry me now.
Transfer window cant come quick enough. Must win this but im seeing a draw.