Arsenal vs Burnley (PL)

The January transfer window won’t be able to fix our problems, if we have a sub par festive period the damage will already be done.

Still needed either way. Trophies and future planning a must.

1 Like

If Xhaka plyas CB again I’m gonna do another thing instead of seeing that.

3 Likes

Xhaka is shit at CB play him CM or nothing.

2 Likes

Yeah I really, really don’t understand Xhaka at CB.

It basically feels like Holding and Xhaka are both injured.

1 Like

I’m actually going to be really fucking annoyed if it’s a back three when that team sheet comes out…

Why is the match so early ffs? Will miss the first half due to work.

This game is a ripper for me, 2330 :fire:

1 Like

0530 here. PVR as usual.

Personally go for just two at the back, Skoratis and I’d go for that young lad Medley a game at Center Back, you have to throw these lads in the deep end if you want to see them get better. I’d go Lichtsteiner at RB and Monreal at LB. I’d give Torreira a rest, if he gets one more yellow card then he’s out for the Brighton game. Plus he looked tired agaisnt Spurs. I’d go Xhaka and Guendouzi in the Center Mid. Ramsey, Ozil, Iwobi or Miki and Laca up front. I’d give Auba a rest today, he looked tired agaisnt Spurs too.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Arsenal are unbeaten in their past 10 matches against Burnley, winning nine and conceding just four goals.
  • Burnley have lost all six competitive fixtures at the Emirates by an aggregate score of 18-3.
  • The Clarets last won away in this fixture in 1974 - they have lost the subsequent seven matches.

Arsenal

• Arsenal sustained a first defeat in 15 Premier League games at Southampton last time out (W10, D4).
  • They have lost just two of their 18 home Premier League games in 2018, with both defeats coming against Manchester City.
  • Arsenal could lose consecutive Premier League fixtures for the first time since the opening two games of the season.
  • They have won their last 27 home league matches against sides in the relegation zone since a 4-4 draw with Tottenham in 2008.
  • The Gunners have not lost at home to a team in the bottom three for 11 years, a 1-0 loss to West Ham.
  • They have not led at half-time in any of their 17 Premier League games this season (level in 13 and behind in four).
  • Unai Emery has made a league-high 15 substitutions before the start of the second half.
  • Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been directly involved in 27 goals in 30 Premier League appearances, scoring 20 and assisting seven.

Burnley

• Burnley have won just once in 10 league fixtures, drawing two and losing seven.
  • They have earned just six points from their last 11 away matches, while they have failed to score in seven.
  • A defeat for the Clarets would mean they spend Christmas in the relegation zone. They were seventh on Christmas day last season.
  • They have lost all eight matches to teams in the top half of the table in 2018-19, by an aggregate score of 23-4.
  • Burnley have triumphed only once in 28 attempts versus top six teams (D6, L21), a 3-2 victory at Chelsea on the opening day of last season.
  • They did not register a shot on target for the third time this season in the loss at Tottenham. No other side has done so more than once.
  • The Clarets have conceded a league-high eight goals in the final 10 minutes of matches.
  • Burnley have not won any of their last 23 top-flight away games in December since beating West Bromwich Albion 1-0 in 1969.
1 Like

Sounds like a perfect upset in the making :sunglasses:

Ozil 2 assists and a goal

2 Likes

Özil madness definitely coming.

The :goat: FRONT 3

3 Likes

Hopefully it’s Elneny at CB, not Xhaka

4-3-3 probably. Monreal and Sokratis at CB

1 Like

Yeah, maybe.

Just noticed Torreira is on the bench. I get the logic, could do with a rest. But I wouldn’t be against him coming on and picking up a soft yellow. If he picks up a yellow v Brighton on Wednesday then he’ll miss the Liverpool game