Arsenal vs Brentford (PL) 1-1

Need to see some fight in the next game as a minimum

I would take a 6-0 mullering tbh

I think he’ll rotate which means we may look a bit disjointed to start. We should have too much for Brentford, especially at home, but unless and until the team demonstrates it can handle getting the shit kicked out of it and/or the officials do something about it, we know exactly how most teams are going to set up against us.

Brentford have won against Man City away . This is going to be a lot tougher than the away game against Brentford . We Have to start the game well.

4 Likes

To be fair, Joshua, it really wasn’t a Brexit performance from Everton yesterday.

Makes the result even more frustrating. It highlighted our inadequacies

2 Likes

Oh I disagree, it was absolutely a Brexit performance yesterday. It wasn’t a classic Leave Means Leave, Take Back Control, Racist Undertones Brexit performance that Burnley used to turn in but the hallmarks were all there.

1 Like

Miles off on that one mate. Disciplined performance and chased down the second ball better.
Talent not working hard got screwed over and deservedly so.

5 Likes

Haha this made be lol tbf

I think last season was more of a Brexit performance from Everton.

I don’t think Dyche has ever set up his Burnley teams to harm tbf. Always gives a good performance.

What is a Brexit performance? Does it just mean defensive?

Hard tackles. Playing just within the laws of the game.

@Phoebica a Brexit performance requires either a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1. Ideally you have four centerbacks across the back four. They all should have shaved heads. You want to make sure the grass on the pitch is really short and maybe skip watering it a few days before the match.

In midfield you’ll want some guys who have no technical skill but are really good at kicking people and then turning to the ref and doing a dramatic shrug.

Up top you can have either a really big guy (like big = tall and wide) or a big guy (like big = tall and lanky) who will jump with his elbows out like some sort of man-chicken hybrid.

1 Like

Won us our most recent league titles

All true Brexit football plays either a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 but not all 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 is true Brexit football.

Kind of like how all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

The more you’re describing Brexit football, the more I’m liking it.

I could watch that winning formula all day.

1 Like

Ok so not what Everton did yesterday as they played 4-3-3 with Gueye, Onana and Doucoure in the middle and DCL flanked up front by McNeill and Iwobi.

They were just well-organized and hustled harder. They jammed up the midfield and their wingers, especially McNeill, did great work to support their fullbacks and close out the wide areas when the game went that way.

Onana fucked me off with how much of a flopper he was being but they didn’t really kick us off the park, they pressed us off our game and were first in all the 50-50s.

6 Likes

It’s clichĂ© but they just simply wanted it more

5 Likes

They definitely didn’t kick us all game but they got a few in early. The one on Saka and one on Odegaard come to mind. That’s why it wasn’t a classic Brexit performance.

Idrissa Gana Gueye in addition to being a homophobe is a really dirty player. Him and Onana will suit Dyche pretty well until Dyche realizes Onana is pretty good on the ball and ships him out.

Yeah it was more harrying and disciplined shape which allowed them to quickly double on the wings and bully Odegaard.

So in other words Brentford are due a loss ?

Brentford looked great against Southampton, although I guess it is Southampton.

I expect us to win but I don’t expect them to be a rollover. They’re a solid outfit this season.

2 Likes