Arsenal Vs Benfica (UEL)

We also need a fresh manager

2 Likes

He is 38 years of age. It doesnt get fresher than that. Prime SPANISH HAM !

I hadn’t seen that.

Atrocious behaviour.

I want a written apology. 18 pages. Front and back.

2 Likes

(seriously though, I wasn’t being serious @giner )

4 Likes

Auba on the left? no thank you very much. play Auba at ST or dont play him at all.

Both are shite.

They peaked in 18/19

They’ve never been a deadly duo lol. The internet really does come up with a load of shit.

They had a run of games where they looked like they played well together but they’re hardly a deadly duo lol

9 Likes

What are you talking about bro, clearly the new Cole and Yorke :joy:

I have a theory that even though they are friends both of their Arsenal careers have been fucked by them being at the club at the same time. They are both incredibly one dimensional strikers with very limited aspects to their game, having both on the pitch at the same time has been football suicide for about 2 years now.

The fact that Arteta is finally moving to a one striker system is starting to give me a sliver of hope for the future.

5 Likes

Remember when most of us got gassed during the Emery era playing them both was the way to go? Oh what a fatal mistake that was.

1 Like

First of all I don’t think we will reach the next round but if Arsenal will beat Benfica I suspect haven’t enough quality or winning mentality to win the competition.

If we win is only a matter of time before another team, maybe more efficient the the eagles, kill us.

1 Like

I like Pepe on the left tbh, and I’d keep Øodegard on the bench and save him him for the 60th minute or so if we need to chase a goal.

-----------------------Leno------------------------
Cedric—Holding—Gabriel—Tierney
---------Ceballos---------Partey------------
Saka---------Smith-Rowe----------Pepe
-------------PE-Aubameyang--------------

2 Likes

None of the teams left in the competition is convincing though. Even Ajax 6 points of number 2 PSV with a game in hand is so inconsistent. Obviously our floor is even lower than most teams, but still.

2 Likes

Tbf, I only rate the English sides in this competition.

1 Like

Luiz instead of Holding and we have a deal.

A bit worried Saka will start to burn out. Lad has been playing a lot of games in quick succession.

Luiz is more prone to major fuck ups and red cards, and Benfica have created next to nothing against us, so I’d opt for the less accident prone CB on this one. We don’t need to gift them anything.

But he cant outjump a 5 foot midget and his hairline is a disgrace. Naah man get Luiz X-factor in.

Prefer conceding a goal because of a Holding mistake than stay with 10 men because of a Luiz mistake.

1 Like