Arsenal Vs BATE Borisov (UEL Round of 32 2nd Leg) (Aggregate 0-1)

I agree, but if the individual result is going out of the competition that surely presents our most likely route back to the CL, then he’s in big trouble I think.

We are competing with 2 other teams for CL football in the league and with 32 others for CL football in the EL, I really don’t think the EL is the most likely route back to the CL.

I think we’ll win but don’t know if it’s enough for us to go through as they’ll score and we have a shit mentality.

I honestly think it is given United’s form. I don’t see us being able to pick up enough points in the league given our form, whereas in a knockout competition I think we have a better shot at success.

I hope I’m wrong though.

2 Likes

Come on mate, United’s form is over. We have the easiest fixtures untill the end out of us, United and Chelsea.

It will be a very balanced, evened out run for top 4.

It’s much harder to win 5 knock-out games in a row, one mistake and you are out. In the league run a mistake is easily repaired because next round your competitor will slip up too. Plus we have a direct clash with United at the Emirates which should be to our advantage.

2 Likes

Have you seen our record vs United at the Emirates :thinking:.

2 wins, 2 losses and a draw since Ferguson is gone in the league, why?

Yeah so I wouldn’t say that it favours us, I’d prefer to not have that fixture to come tbh.

United have drawn one match in the league since they canned Mourinho, and won all the others. Even if you think that Solskjaer isn’t a brilliant manager and the hype is being played up way too much (I do), it’s undeniable that they have a better squad compared to us and should probably be finishing above us on paper.

I agree that our run in is “easier”, but we have not been at all convincing for the majority of the season and I don’t like our chances.

2 Likes

If Bate get an early goal, we will have to score three, and perhaps they are capable of stopping us doing that.

I still think we’ll have enough, especially if Aubameyang and Lacazette start and Ozil is fit enough to play.

Lacazette is suspended and I’d say Unai is to stubborn to call on Mesut.

Well, you wanted to look at the record and it doesn’t favor United either, so why pick the pessimistic stance? Even statistically it’s a 50/50 but after all we are at home, it is obvious even to the naked eye we are at the advantageous position.

1 Like

It takes a bigger man to just accept you’ve made a mistake and bring him back in when we need him instead he just keeps digging a deeper hole.

Let’s see if Emery is that…

2 Likes

I forgot about that

and that.

They’ve just pulled our pants down in a cup game 3 weeks ago at the Emirates in a game we went in full strength with who was available, that’s why I have taken the pessimistic stance.

I’ve done my analysis, United shouldn’t win more than 70 points until the end of the season, so if we don’t topple them it will really be a major fuck up on our part given the kind of games we have left and the amount of points we can realistically pick up until the end.

They have a better squad but they missed actually being involved for half the season and their squad is not that good to make up for all of that. A season is 38 games long, not 11, nor 22, nor 26.

Chances are very even between us, them and Chelsea, it’s reactionary pessimism to give them the advantage on current form.

You have a very selective way of looking at things. The record vs United you are quoting belongs to a different manager yet you are more than happy to look at it and make conclusions.

They beat us in a different competition amidst their best form in 5 years or so, while we are at our worst under Emery.

Our next game is a month away, a lot will change until then.

The match at the Emirates will be crucial. That will be such a massive game for us, and we simply have to turn up for it.

Thankfully, big matches at home this season have generally been where we’ve shined.

A loss will be bad but a draw is OK for us, while it’s not so much in United’s favor. (that’s all according to my analysis).

But yeah, we are the 3rd best home team in the league behind Liverpool and City who have been stellar at home, which is a recurring theme from last year because we finished joint second best at home. It’s worth mentioning that United are the 3rd best away team too which makes it really tight.

1 Like

It will be the most significant result of the season if we go out. From that point of view he will go in the debit column with a lot of fans.
Not been enough good moments to balance that out with a result like that. Also the media meltdown would make our already outside chance of top 4 a must then.
Know way of knowing if hed get sacked because theres no way of knowing were this retarded boardroom is with any sort of plan for the club.