Arsenal v Sunderland (League cup)

Yeah, I found it amusing too, harmless bit of banter, and clearly said with a figurative nod and a wink.

Though I will admit that after I chuckling I did think “I hope we batter them senseless” lol

1 Like

Dunno about Smith Rowe. Feel like they’re being very careful with his fitness.

I’d say give him the start and get him 60-70… he’s been super-sub lately, but it would be good to let him stretch his legs a bit and get more comfortable starting. With his form, we need him to play more minutes in the new year.

1 Like

That’s a pretty decent line up, considering they’re fringe players.
I don’t think ESR will play because Arteta hasn’t started him recently so maybe he was lacking a bit of fitness but Pepe, Nketiah and Balogun upfront should be enough to see off Sunderland.

I’ll go 3-0 with Holding, AMN and Nketiah to score.

Edit, AMN not playing so I’ll go with Pepe.

Tbh Sunderland are going for promotion and the Christmas period is big in there League.
Probably put out a weak team that should help us on our selection.

2 Likes

This would have been a wonderful series of AFC Sunderland 'Til I Die if they’d continued wirh it.

Just seen the Arsenal team bus parked up near my gym. Saw Arteta sat at the front and the closer you are to him the more immaculate his hair looks lol

13 Likes

You should have tried to touch it

That would have required me getting onto the bus. Which would have resulted me in being arrested. Which would have resulted in me being charged with a criminal offence which would subsequently have left me having to plead guilty due to irrefutable evidence and the entire arsenal squad as witnesses. The aforementioned would have rendered me jobless due to the criminal record I’d have ended up getting and that would then leave me unable to pay everyone the £20 I’ll owe them when Mikel fires us into the top 4 ahead of Conte’s Spurs.

12 Likes

I enjoyed this post immensely.

Patino looks to be in the squad.

1 Like

Charlie

Who was the last ‘Charlie’ to play for The Arsenal…George?

Nicholas would have been after him. But I feel like there surely must have been a more recent one?

3 Likes

We had an academy player named Charlie Gilmour a few years back. I can’t remember him playing for us but Wikipedia tells me he made a couple totally forgettable sub appearances for us in the Europa League before we binned him off.

1 Like

I could never take £20 from someone who had touched Arteta if this helps your decision making any

Noo way are you serious?

More first-teamers than I expected :slight_smile:

Nicolas Pepe, hello mate :joy:

3 Likes

Sunderland team

AMN with a knock or in the gulag? And what happened to Chambers?

I think its interesting that he is seemingly taking the opportunity to experiment again with 4-3-3 and both Smith-Rowe and Odegaard in the middle.

1 Like