Arsenal v Leeds

One of those catch 22 scenarios

Aside from wanting to keep momentum with a strong side, we must also keep in mind that Leeds are despicable cunts and we should always do our absolute utmost to destroy them.

3 Likes

If it’s true it means that any fringe or young players that were expecting to play in cup games will spend the season on the bench and this is why it’s worth qualifying for the EL, even if it’s not an elite competition.

It also shows that Arteta knows we won’t get a top four place and will go all out to win a trophy that the genuine top clubs send their reserve players to play in.

It doesn’t send out a good signal to the fringe players, that he can’t rely on them.

Man City have won it for the last 87 years. Big teams have won this a lot recently, so there is no shame in winning it.

As for the other point. The other teams don’t send their reserves. Usually it’s a mix of youth and experience. Man City started Foden, De Bruyne and Mahrez against Wycombe! And the deeper into the competition teams get the stronger their starting XI gets.

Just seems like you’re making up stuff to have a dig at Arteta. There probably will be some rotation anyway, but it’ll be the likes of Pepe, Maitland Niles and Martinelli who get minutes as opposed to the under 23s.

4 Likes

Jesus fucking Christ, trying to win a trophy is now a sign of incompetence. People really will cling to literally any morsel to undermine won’t they.

6 Likes

Expecting to see something like this tonight:

1 Like

It would be nice to win this cup even though I routinely slag it haha and that we’ve lost the final three times in a row :joy:

1 Like

Think he puts Mari in for White. 3 0 win for me.

1 Like

We’ve got Salah
Not that Salah
I just don’t think you understand

Who said it was incompetence?
But if he does put out a full strength side it is desperation from a manager who’s spent 200m and has had two mid table finishes.

Putting out a full strength side in the early rounds of the League Cup shows how far have we fallen. When has the League Cup been the second biggest trophy we can win so early in the season?

I will undermine him because he has dished out more than enough morsels for him to get every criticism thrown at him.

He can put out a full strength squad because we don’t have the burden of 14 European games this year.

There’s nothing wrong with his decision making tonight.

It is absolutely indicative of how far we’ve fallen that we’re able to do this but we are in this position and Arteta is doing the right thing.

5 Likes

So Arteta isn’t taking it seriously then

1 Like

Ah Cedric
that guy.

Based on our current run, we should win this game no matter what.

I forgot we had this game lol

A who’s who of who I want shot of

2 Likes

Odegaard missing completely

Really Kolasinac
we couldn’t play Tavares back to back?

1 Like