Arsenal v Leeds

Carling Cup/Coca Cola Cup/Milk Cup

Tuesday night. 7.45 I think

Sky Sports (possibly)

Famous fixtures between the two include the 1968 League Cup final and the 1972 FA Cup Final.

4 Likes

The FA Cup and League Cup are the only trophies Arteta can win this season so he might put out a strong team.
But Leeds are just above the relegation places so Bielsa might rest a few players to focus more on their PL position, which would mean we should get a win, especially playing at home.

I’ll go 2-0, Aubameyang and Pepe to score.

1 Like

Do you know that’s the only time they’ve won the 2 domestic cups?

3 Likes

We’re the king maker’s.

We’ve done the same with Birmingham City, Swindon Town and Ipswich Town.

Where’s the poll?

1 Like

Agreed. Terrible op. :santi:

Graham has it :grin:

2 Likes

No ten pole Tudor have it

We need the swords of a thousand men to get it back

(Sorry this is a bad one)

1 Like

I was thinking Ed Tudor for a second (that fella who presented the Crystal maze after the good presenter left)

I hope he continues with White and Gabriel at CB, if he does then Arsenal progress.

If it’s Holding and Mari fuck knows what’ll happen.

Leeds won’t go strong either though, They’re missing some important players, plus, they’re struggling in the league, so this won’t be a priority.

Think this will be a comfortable win for us.

Holding and Mari could make anything interesting, dog shit lower league standard defenders.

4 Likes

8-1 to the Arsenal ladies and Gentles .
A fast attacking display from The Arsenal.
Pepe being the playmaker in attack .
Bye bye Leeds

1 Like

Not sure if this is how Bielsa operates but given how much they really need to focus on getting thier league form together I could see a weakened side being put out for this one and removes a distraction for them.

Should we rest fewer players for this, since we’re not in Europe?

Leicester is more important than the copa del energy drink.

Rest everyone

2 Likes

Given we’re not in Europe, that’s probably 10 less games this season that the squad will have to play. We routinely get to the semis most years, so in reality that’s probably 14 games less. That’s a hell of a lot.

We can definitely afford to play a strong side. I expect rotation but we shouldn’t be making wholesale changes imo.

Progressing against Leeds will also help build some confidence which we’ll need to get anything against Leicester on the weekend.

We finally put in a good home performance - we’ve struggled badly to find consistency but this is an opportunity to possibly get 2 strong results and performances in a row.

4 Likes

It’s about time we won this trophy .
I don’t understand negativity when it comes to winning trophies .
Get the squad bonding , playing aggressive football, get some goals and build on confidence.

3 Likes

tumbleweed.jpeg

1 Like