Arsenal transfers 23/24

I’d say much more frustrating than exciting.

All three lack consistency and have a penchant for being anonymous in games

3 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t take Martial on a free transfer and certainly wouldn’t displace Saka or ESR by signing him. Our next priority in the transfer window should be a top quality central midfielder and a striker.

4 Likes

Do it!

1 Like

Very believe as questions have started to be raised about Handanovik.

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Good move for all involved but doesn’t Falk get called out by the other journos all the time for basically lying?

1 Like

Yep.

Damn Robert Downey jr. getting in on the Arsenal Rumours as well.

10 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Inter’s bid will be a 2 year loan with an option to buy for €7m spread over 5 years.

Get to fuck you broke ass bitches

7 Likes

Nah no way they are gonna spend money, they will try and get Onana on free instead

1 Like

FALSE :negative_squared_cross_mark:

1 Like

We’ll see what happens with injuries (knock on wood) but this is the first winter window in a very long time I’m looking ahead toward and thinking…we don’t actually have a huge need to sign anybody really.

There are definitely areas that need to be addressed next summer, a young top level striker probably first and foremost, a better third CB whether that is Saliba or somebody else, and maybe a new midfielder. But none of those seem like big enough priorities that we need to act on them this winter.

2 Likes

With Xhaka out for 3 months, leaving Partey, Lokonga, Elneny and Odegaard (when he’s not playing AM), CM is a bigger a priority than CF or CB to me, given CMs tire more quickly and (probably) injure more, and you don’t want Elneny as first choice.
Auba and Lacazette is fine for this season so can wait until summer.

Let’s hope someone decent’s available in January (and/or promote Patino in the meantime)

I agree largely, but with Partey and El Nenny off to the African Nations and Xhaka out, we definitely need a quality CM in Jan. We can’t rely on just AMN and Lokonga.

2 Likes

We sent a French international CM on loan for some strange reason. Wonder if we’d be sitting in a better position in the table than 10th had we utilized our squad properly and had a decent man manager.

1 Like

Xhaka will be back by January though. And Partey and Elneny should only miss two league matches and an FA cup tie for AFCON. As long as Xhaka’s recovery stays on schedule and we don’t suffer other injuries, we will have Xhaka, Sambi, AMN, maybe with Patino beginning to enter the mix for cup matches.

We should be looking to improve our quality in CM by shipping out Xhaka and either buying somebody new next summer or giving real minutes to Patino/Azeez next season if it looks like either one is ready to step up quickly a la Saka/ESR. But buying a new CM in January without losing anybody from the squad doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. We have five guys who can play CM - Partey, Xhaka, Sambi, AMN, Elneny - and sometimes we only use one of them, like against Burnley.

That’s right but I can’t believe we went through the whole window trying to sell Xhaka, with both him, the manager and the supporters more than happy to see him leave, yet some are still talking as if he’s still a key member of the squad.

It’s a poor state of affairs when a top level club can’t, or won’t, upgrade on a player as underwhelming as Xhaka.

1 Like

I agree. I think the January window will be more focused on outgoings. Nketiah, Kolasinac and Leno could all move during the window…maybe Laca too.

Next summer we need to try to get deals in place for those players out on loan, with our priorities for new signings being at least one new CM and a new striker (to replace Laca). I would also really like to finally replace Xhaka with a top quality central midfielder. I fully expect Saliba to come back from loan and have a place in our team next season with either Holding or Chambers making way.