Arsenal transfers 23/24

We don’t have a window to waste here. We have made some promising signings but we have needs and targets now.
It’s already apparent that the young players will not have the stamina understandably of a full season.
Honestly get past this utopian outlook of growing a group of youngsters this raw.
Nothing standout amongst any of them Fabregas, Rooney,Sterling level of youngsters with little enough quality elders either. January we look to purchase.

2 Likes

Mark Irwin exclusive, don’t necessarily trust him but Ollie would be a good signing imo.

1 Like

Would love Ollie here. He’s a gooner as well.

1 Like

I’d honestly take either, throw Toney into that list and make damn sure you get at least one.

They don’t have to be the be all end all and I know we’d love to set the bar higher, but it would be great to get someone in now, we’ll be looking for an Auba replacement eventually anyway so if we get too picky we’ll end up regretting it more.

For this alone there’s no way I’d be turning my nose up at these types of players or Abraham’s like we did in summer.

4 Likes

Stan Kroenke is ready to back Mikel Arteta again in the transfer market [Mark Irwin

Kroenke proving yet again his complete stupidity.

If he’s got money he wants invest in the club, why not give it to a competent manager to spend?

Ooooh interesting, I’d be up for DCL or Watkins. Maybe prefer DCL as he’s more of a goal threat and it would be nice to have a striker that can head the ball given how much we cross it.

I’d go Toney over Watkins. Think he has more about him.

7 Likes

Here we go again, talk about totally uninspiring transfers…Watkins, Toney or Abraham…Jeez, we have really fallen a long long way, ffs…
Thanks Mikel…

1 Like

How are we better than those options really? What’s out there because the market is pretty low anyway.

6 Likes

Yeah I like Toney’s confidence and self-belief. He really backs himself and has a sort of arrogance that I think a striker needs.

@JohnnyH

As already been mentioned what other strikers out there do you think are good enough but that we’d also be able to actually get?

Never mind our fallen stature as a club, there just aren’t many top strikers in world football at the moment, they’re like pixie dust. Hence Bayern, Real Madrid, United etc. relying on guys in their mid-thirties.

Got to be realistic as well, can’t aim to sign players like Haaland and Mbappe.

3 Likes

It’s an indictment of where the club currently stands. The current top 4 aren’t interested in players like DCL or Watkins.

10 years ago, we would have turned our noses up at these kind of players.

Spending £30-£50m on Watkins / DCL level players won’t significantly change our fortunes.

The current transfer strategy is right. Gamble on high-potential youth. That’s the only way we’re going to have elite level players in this squad. Once in a blue moon we may be able to snap up a Partey, but generally speaking these players are out of our grasp.

Marginal gains at a huge cost if we go after players of Watkins level. Need to be smarter with our funds. Players with a profile like Vlahovic should be out target. Still costly but with a much bigger potential ceiling.

2 Likes

I see how people think that DCL would be an underwhelming signing but I actually think he could be a very good striker in the right system.

Every striker would struggle at Everton, they’re an even bigger shit show than us.

Edit: DCL has 16 and 13 PL goals in the last two seasons respectively - I think that’s respectable for a guy like him playing for Everton. We have better creative players as well.

1 Like

Yeah, I think having a player that can win aerial duels and head the ball into the back of the net is essential with the way Arteta wants to play.
DCL, Toney and Watkins can all do that at a much better level than what we currently have.
I do think that Toney and Watkins have a bit more in their locker which makes me lean into them as potential Auba successors.

1 Like

I think DCL is a better out and out striker whereas Watkins and Toney are more about hold up and getting their teammates involved, dropping deep etc.

I’d be happy with any of them but would prefer DCL as he’s more about the goals which I think we need

1 Like

We’ve gone from top quality like Vieira, Petit, Gilberto to talking about Xhaka being an important player for the team

We’ve gone from Henry, Bergkamp, Wright, Adebayor, RVP, Aubameyang to considering Watkins and Toney as suitable transfer targets as our next striker.

The club have succeeded in bringing our expectation levels to a new low.
Well done.

1 Like

Man I really dislike snobbery from arsenal fans lol.

People done it with Tierney, Ramsdale, White, New RB

When will people learn lol

Its not about the club they play for its the talent of the player

6 Likes

And there’s nothing like looking down your nose at other supporters also…

Toney, Abraham and feckin Watkins are NOT good enough for Arsenal, if you think they are, then that’s why expectations are so low, and that’s why people think Arteta is right for the job, ffs…

1 Like

Abraham walks into this team.

He’s bossing it at Roma

Good for him, he’s found his level…Let him boss it out there all feckin career…He is NOT good enough for The Arsenal…

Wait am I missing something here? How much do you all recon we would be able to get DCL for? Because Everton was looking for 80+ million pounds for Richarlison, so they sure as hell aren’t selling DCL for any less than that, unless his contract is expiring in 2022 or 2023.