Arsenal transfers 23/24

Fucking hell :joy: weā€™re fucked.

3 Likes

1 Like

Henderson was a highly successful signing lol. The rest yeah poor

1 Like

Not at the start he wasnā€™t not until Klopp fixed him and turned him around.

Youā€™d think weā€™ll have one or two standouts from this bunch. ASL looks super handy so far and I was (and am) an Ƙdegaard fan.

The rest? Iā€™m just not convinced they were assembled with any sort of plan.

2 Likes

He was good under Rodgers aswell imo. His red card cost them the 13/14 title along with the famous slip

Ramdsale 30m
White 50m
Odegaard 35M
Lokonga 17m
Tavares 8m
Total 140m

Iā€™m honestly worried that this is the moment we look back in a few years as the final window that truly broke arsenal.

COVID hit, finances in the absolute dump, no European football to then outspend the league on what to prove to be absurds sums of money on a group of players that didnā€™t move the needle (even with an inevitable new manager).

I really hope Iā€™m wrong, Iā€™m just not optimistic in our outlook at all and havenā€™t been for a while.

10 Likes

Ƙdegaard and ASL are the ones that could move the needle. They probably wonā€™t drag the club back to Champions League but they could help the club finish sixth which would be a huge achievement considering how hopeless the manager is.

Finish sixth, get European revenue, shed Lacazetteā€™s wages, maybe Willian goes summer 2022, maybe Aubameyang goes summer 2022 as well, then all of the sudden thereā€™s more money to spend on a striker.

If you squint thereā€™s a plan, but the 100m on two meh English players is what kills me. Theyā€™re fine players but not worth what we paid. People assume that being young and English will protect their value if we have to sell them. Iā€™m not so sure thatā€™s true.

1 Like

Just in time for us to secure Dominic-Calvert Lewin for Ā£70m to spam crosses towards.

2 Likes

I had a dream last night next season Laca and Auba left for free and we spent 60mill on Tammy Abraham. Iā€™m literally not even safe in my sleep from our mess.

5 Likes

Nah. We had only about 100m in debt pre covid. Since covid weā€™ve added another 200m of debt or so. Barca and other clubs are operating at almost a billion in debt. It will take us a long time of mismanagement to get to those levels and our squad isnt nearly as dire as some will make out.

Chelsea hired Lampard, bad choice. Fired him and hired Tuchel guess what they are back on top. After lolpool floundered they hired Klopp, back to the top. We just need an inspirational coaching hire to get us back on track plain and simple.

4 Likes

Will we hire a genuine world class manager next up though? Spurs have the same aspirations as us and had to settle with Nuno Santoā€¦.

Will we also have a club overhaul which means our transfer targets would have the same impact as the likes of a salah, mane, Van Dijk, Havertz, Lukaku, Kante, Jorginho etc.

Baby steps we donā€™t need to win the league next we just need to get top 4 and get our assets looking shiny again. Then we can move some on and actually make some decent money. Even with all those acquisitions lolpools net spend wasnā€™t anything crazy, and that wasnā€™t one window. Klopp made shit look like gold with Coutinho and thatā€™s only because he had them playing good football again.

1 Like

One big difference being that Liverpool and Chelsea have owners who are genuinely interested in football. We canā€™t reach those levels until Kroenke is in charge imo. We may get better and reach the CL places sometime soon, but going beyond that and winning major trophies, thatā€™s still a big shot away for us. And hiring a genuine world class manager would be quite difficult unless we have a project in place or can spend cash like flowing water, neither of which we seem to have.

2 Likes

Come on guysā€¦ please stop using terms like ā€œArteta sexualsā€ and ā€œArseneā€™s wasted pubic hairā€ā€¦

Have some standards and better taste, man!!!

3 Likes

Didnā€™t you say just yesterday that someone defending Arteta/the club was ā€œswallowing their cumā€? :joy:

15 Likes

You got meā€¦

Just realize that I am also a bad taste personā€¦ :ozil:

Apology to @BigWeng_4LYFE and @JohnnyH

Please let me join the disgusting team

10 Likes

Lmaooo youā€™re wild ronnie

4 Likes

Really need to get rid of players now

10 Likes

Who would we be swapping Laca for?