Arsenal transfers 23/24

10 Likes

Oh my god this would be the biggest piece of transfer news all summer

1 Like

Seriously, if this is true and it happens, Iā€™m actually pretty excited!

Granted itā€™s a lot of ifs and it also depends on who we swap with but getting Lacazette, Bellerin, Willian and Runarsson transferred out would be great for us.

Some big salaries just sitting there eating up value without providing anything worthwhile.

1 Like

I canā€™t find anything on a Lacazette swap anywhere. Really curious about that one.

3 Likes

Exactly.
Not a single marquee signing or player that will give us the lift we desperately needed.

Weā€™ve still got Xhaka, Bellerin, Lacazette, Holding, Willian, Cedric, Torreira, Kolisinac, etc, earning around 1m a week.

So what is good about this window?
Like you say, we could look back on this, like we do when we wasted almost 100m on Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez, and realise what a shambles this club has become.

1 Like

Glad to see swaps making a comeback in football

5 Likes

Full on Panini moves

2 Likes

The swap deal that may be on for Bellerin is with Trippier, right? How would you feel about this?

I rate Trippier as a player, think he will become the best RB we have at the club instantly. However, heā€™s 30 years old and pretty reliant on his physicality with his style of play. Doesnā€™t seem to have had much injury problems throughout his career, though.

Difficult one for me, since I do think we need an upgrade on our current options and I am not sure what other option may be available.

At least Trippier is a competent RB.
We canā€™t have Chambers playing there all season and Cedric and Bellerin are high earners that really should be shifted so their wages can be used on first team players.

Trippier would mean we would at least have a proper RB.

2 Likes

Who wouldā€™ve thought sticking him on a four year deal would backfire :grin:

Still, favours to agents more important than sensible business that suits the club.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve rated Trippier since his Burnley days. If he was younger I would jump at the opportunity.
This is very much a stopgap signing now.
Reeks of desperation, which highlights that:
A) Bellerin really wants to fuck off
B) The RB market is dry as fuck

I guess him being an England international gives him a bit of motivation for the next year or so.

If itā€™s a straight swap with Bellerin go for it. If Atleti want 10-15m on top of it tell them to fuck off.

2 Likes

These are important points as to why we should move ahead with the swap. Of course Iā€™d rather go younger. Wish we wouldā€™ve gone for Max Aarons instead of Cedric last summer. If there is no young player out there, then Iā€™d rather get a top quality reliable RB in for Bellerin. Bellerin wants out and sadly just isnā€™t good enough anymore. So bring someone in who is useful. Then go back into the market for youth next summer and look to move Chambers on.

1 Like

Big day

7 Likes

Signing a 30 year old RB isnā€™t a stop gap signing itā€™s ensuring that, injuries aside, weā€™ve got a competent and experienced defender in a team that lacks experience.

Trippier would be perfect. He can operate both full back positions, has ample experience, is coming off the back of a good season where he won the Spanish title.

He can play in a back 3, a back 4 and a back 5.

Give Bellerin and some cash and get the deal done.

11 Likes

Will you get more than 2 good seasons out of Trippier? He will be 33 in 2 years.
I really doubt it and thatā€™s why itā€™s a stop-gap signing for me. Not that I mind that btw.
Heā€™s one of the best RBs in the world right now so he certainly will improve us even for 2 seasons.

I feel exactly the same way.

Trippier at 30 would be fantastic and Iā€™d be more than happy chucking Ā£10m on top of Bellerin if that could get him.

Going to Atletico would hopefully allow Bellerin to reinvent himself as well.

Trippier would give us a year or twoā€™s leeway to go out and scout a great RB to then come in and take over from him.

5 Likes
3 Likes

I view a stop gap signing as Mari in January until we signed Gabriel in the summer. Plugging our right back issues with a high quality RB for a couple of seasons is more than a stop gap in my eyes.

We have more than enough young talent in the squad letā€™s add some experience where it needs it nkw

3 Likes

Anyone better than Bellerin Iā€™d go for to replace Bellerin. Donā€™t care if they last 1 year or 2 years, RB is the only position I feel like we are actually incapable of putting a decent player in. We canā€™t have another season with these options there.

9 Likes

Yeah you take him. Heā€™s also got a bit of personality about him to go with his experience. People need to get the head out of this anything under 25 mode.
Game doesnā€™t work like that. Italy young squad and talent was marshalled and got over the line with experience at the back in the summer.

6 Likes