Arsenal transfers 23/24

I think he was so godawful at Swansea that people are still a little meh on him.

1 Like

*On his day

He can be inconsistent. Iā€™ve seen games of Lille where he was completely invisible. Iā€™m sure the injuries have played a part in that though.

If we didnā€™t sign Lokonga and we were looking to take a punt on someone then Renato fits the bill. Replacing Xhaka with him isnā€™t wise. Guy is 24 in August and he hasnā€™t had a full season yet. Youā€™re playing Russian roulette there.

Just visiting this thread for first time in a while. Have we actually managed to buy or sell anyone yet?

Seems like the usual load of paper talk and nonsense so far this window with us trying and failing to buy what we need and also failing miserably in selling anyone on their inflated wages.

Same old Arsenal of recent years!!

Weā€™ve only announced a bunch of youngsters leaving either on a perm or loan. Mavropanos too.
You should expect more senior announcements next week.

Nice try Edu. We know itā€™s you behind the account.

Next week you have ā€œGCā€ tell us to be patient because players are still recovering from their involvement in the Euro or coming back from vacations.

2 Likes

Tbf, weā€™ve already started seeing more announcements across the board. Even Leicester who wrapped up their deals weeks ago have just announced them.

Honestly, 17/18 is verging on ancient history in my mind, I wouldnā€™t even consider that spell at Swansea when assessing whether Iā€™d like to sign him.

For the record, I would like to sign him. If we want to get world class players with our current standing we need to punt on players like him and hope we make good calls and sign players who are about to blow up. I think he might be that guy.

3 Likes

No.

We did find Eduā€™s account though.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

From what I understand Ben White (CB), Nuno Tavares (left back) and Lokonga (CM) are pretty much done

4 Likes

Thanks Fabrizio :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Jfc. That is bleak on paper.

2 Likes

I think they all look like promising players

Weā€™re likely to sign others too

3 Likes

I love your confidence.

1 Like

I think Ben White has the potential to transform our play with the way he can carry out the ball from the back taking out 3-4 players and the way he can ping 70 yard balls on a six pence with either foot

1 Like

What about yā€™know actually defending though

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure heā€™ll get the hang of it.
Weā€™ve got loads of CBā€™s to show him how itā€™s done. :grinning:

1 Like

Would of personally loved for this to have happened, throw Geundo in there as well. A full season in the PL playing for team likely to be fighting relegation would of really helped build character and instil a fighting spirit in these players, and the experience of playing in the PL would of been invaluable.

2 Likes

Itā€™s true, however, does the club really have a good relationship with Viera and co? These are the legends who grouped together, talked the owners down a bit and tried to buy the club from them.

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if theyā€™re petty and it isnā€™t an option.

3 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s a fair point. I just donā€™t honestly understand the purpose of loaning someone like Saliba back out to Ligue 1 for a 3rd season. At least a season at somewhere like Newcastle, Palace and even Southampton (who are supposedly interested as well) he would become fully acclimated to the premier league. Plus at somewhere like Southampton weā€™re they like to build up from the back and try to press high up, it would help him fit in better here.

1 Like
  • Willock expected to stay
  • Elneny future uncertain
1 Like