Arsenal transfers 23/24

Some guys i’m willing to take a punt on name value alone ngl

If Willian was on a two year deal I would’t have an issue with his signing tbh

I’d take Ramos in a heartbeat. It would be foolish not to.

Never going to happen though. Pure clickbait.

4 Likes

Arteta gave up on pretty much all these guys at various points for apparently no reason. If he is then happy with his options and doesn’t want a right back this summer then I’m even more baffled.

6 Likes

Ramos is not Willian he has a place in football as probably the greatest defender of his generation and is still one of the best in Europe.

4 Likes

Ramos is probably one of my favourite defenders of all time and an absolute cunt to boot, but I can’t see anyway this happens, looks like White is all but signed sealed and delivered and I can’t see us bringing in two CB’s.

I can’t see why Ramos would want to come here either tbh.

2 Likes

As much as I’d love to see us sign Ramos there is just no way he goes from Madrid to Arsenal. He’d tale one look at the mentality of our dressing room and he’d walk the other way.

I imagine a lot of top clubs in Europe would still take a punt on him anyway.

1 Like

I mean you’re obviously right in this case. But if you’ve won everything in your career, a player might not care about expectations any more and mightfancy a stay in London for a couple of years.

1 Like

That should be a red flag in itself.

I don’t think he gave up on them. It’s just that they have different strengths and weaknesses.

• AMN: Best defender and dribbler out of the bunch. Probably the fastest too. Crossing can be improved.
  • Cedric: Great going forward and can use both feet. Ok defensively.
  • Chambers: Best crosser out of the bunch. Adds a bit of height in the defence too. Slowest out of them all.
  • Bellerin: Good going forward, his variety in crossing is lacking though. Ok defensively. He’s also one of the captains.

I think Ramos is a bit overrated personally.

Which should absolutely not be confused for me saying he isn’t good enough for us, to be clear. Lol

1 Like

Any CB that has that many red cards and poor disciplinary record isn’t the finest of their generation, he is perhaps the most decorated in terms of trophies but isn’t the best.

I need him to come just to assert some Franco supremacy over our Basque clown. If nothing else.

Why would u want to come here if ur him? Gotta question the motivation if in fact he’s interested because the only logic I see in it is taking a big contract, having little pressure, and being in semi retirement still making the big bucks living in London. Same reason Willian came here apparently. I mean, I guess the spin would be “Arteta has a great plan and we are going to get Arsenal back to the top” but that’s just clown talk bruh :joy::joy::clown_face::clown_face:

If ur Arsenal tho I also see the logic in it. We are shit and don’t have the warewithal or finances to compete properly, so get a big name through the door and see if that placates the fans momentarily.

1 Like

Who’s better?

If I’m looking at the best CBS from 2011-2020;

I’m saying it’s Ramos, Silva, Barzagli, Chiellini, prime Boateng, Pique, Godin

Definitely missing a few but that’s off head.

He just isn’t the best, that’s not something I can accept from the supposed best CB sorry.

I’d put most over him from that list tbh

Bonucci too. But yeah, most on that list I’d have above Ramos, personally.

2 Likes

No to Ramos. Yes to Ben White! Let’s invest in the future

1 Like

I really want to refuse to believe it but it’s L’Équipe.
Let’s hope it’s just interest.

What’s your objection outside his injury record? The dude’s a baller just waiting to break out.

2 Likes