Arsenal transfers 23/24

I think you can risk not replacing Bellerin and even AMN as we do have the depth at RB already.

I can’t see us not signing a replacement if Laca goes though. Auba’s form is questionable and Balogun however promising he may be, he is still inexperienced.
Unfortunately, I think there’s a good chance the club sticks with Laca even if that means he runs down his contract.

Personally, I’ve now come to terms that RB and ST may have taken a backseat for now. The market is dry in those positions. At best we’ll go for a punt if the right opportunity comes up.

I think we’ll sort out GK and CB(Ben) soon, then focus on CM and AM.
As you have suggested, we’ll need the funds regardless to land some of the rumoured targets there. Let’s see if the Kroenkes break the pattern here.

1 Like

What a farce this club is .
Get the deals done , get the fans excited , get the shirts sold and throw down a gauntlet of intent . I bet these clowns don’t have a mobile phone contract , they wouldn’t know where to sign .

1 Like

Everyone says how difficult it is to get [insert “large” number of transfers here] over the line in a window.

It’s difficult if you waste the first half of the window posturing and haggling over paying £5m in instalments rather than upfront.

Just bid the amount you’re willing to pay, and if they say no go to the next on the list and repeat. The first team will always come crawling back if they can’t find other buyers and want to sell for the original bid

5 Likes

It’s only difficult for us bro, everyone else always seems to get it done, with the occasional big name player taking a while.

1 Like

Well that’s the Andre Silva transfer rumour dead and buried

3 Likes

Arsenal

1 Like

Who?

So currently we have Bellerin, AMN, Chambers(he is seen as such anyway) and Cedric.
Even if we sell both Bellerin and AMN we stil have 2 RBs.

Come on, he’s 35 and has been suffering with injuries all season. We would have to offer him insane wages to come.

Yeah agreed, and he’ll be on like £300k a week. Solid pass from me

Not to be contrary, but we have a RB converted to CB and converted back to RB. Who sometimes plays CM… Chambers is a good backup, but I don’t see him lasting an entire season in a position that requires that much running. Plus he’s just fucking slow.

Cedric has been very erratic. I hope he can gel and be effective, but that’s a big gamble. We at least have a clear starter on the left and Saka can fill in. In my opinion we should prioritize RB and sell off all the dross we have hanging around there.

Thiago Silva has shown me he light. If he can be a success, Ramos absolutely can.

1 Like

Even at 35 he’s one of the very best in Europe let’s not pretend otherwise.

You guys need to stop turning your nose up at older talent just because we had some failed experiments like Lichsteiner and Willian.

Ramos is an elite defender, even at this age. He’d be a beast alongside someone like Gabriel or in a back 3 with White and Gabriel.

1 Like

I know it’s not reliable at all but just imagine

I think unless Arteta is desperate for a new RB, we might as well keep Bellerin.
We’ve got plenty of cover with Cedric and AMN and Chambers are both versatile enough to play there.

There might be a lack of top quality but I don’t think the RB position is as big of a priority as some of our other positions.

Would be a huge move. He stays for 2, then he’s off to MLS for the final year you’d imagine.

No reliability to the source, but who cares

4 Likes

There’s no way Ramos is going from Madrid to Arsenal

2 Likes

He’s certainly PSG bound

No. No. No. This is the Willian trap all over. We have no ability to move guys on big money. No more of these huge contracts like this until we sort our shit out.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t think our RBs are as bad as some think.
Yes, even Bellerin who has received a lot of criticism.
I also used to be critical of them too until I looked at the other RBs in this league. Honestly, most of them are more or less at the same level.
There’s your Cancelos, Walkers and Trents(dropped off a bit, still a balller) and then there are the rest.

It says a lot when the top RBs in the market available are Aarons who is far from ready, Lamptey who is coming off a lengthy injury and Emerson Royal who is not that great offensively.

There’s a very good reason Chelsea and PSG went all in for Hakimi. He’s pretty much in a league of his own in this market.