Arsenal transfers 24/25

I’m convinced we wanted both, two entirely different players in separate positions. Couldn’t land Auoar so pursued Odegaard on loan in January but unfortunately our season was already dead.

Can’t linger like that this season.

3 Likes

If that’s the case and Partey had the release clause, why did we fuck up the summer so badly?

I want to believe there’s a plan to move in a certain direction (like a 4-3-3 pressing side for example or a 4-4-2 hoofball dirt pounder side) but I don’t think Arteta really has a philosophy beyond extreme caution. That can pay dividends like Gareth Southgate has shown but you need to deliver the goods because sometimes it produces awful football.

1 Like

Seferovic sure seems good striker. Anyone seeing the european is doing? What a striker!

1 Like

Oh fuck off lol, you anti Arteta guys and your agenda is something fierce.

Southgate is a nothing manager with exceptional players, Arteta is working with clowns and doing his best to build something, at least give him this summer before you start saying Southgate is the superior tactician.

2 Likes

Hahaha piss off :slight_smile:

Rapidly losing hope that this club will do anything productive this window.

Paying over the odds for White and no CM or RB. :-1:

Depressing shit really when you think of how poorly this club is run.

3 Likes

Didn’t you hear? We may not even sign White because he’s so desperate to work with Rafa at Everton.

That’s €50m saved to go straight into new deals for Eddie, Elneny and Chambers.

1 Like

Thought it couldn’t get worse…:joy::joy:

Seriously, this thread is sad. No reason to get hopes up when you realize that there isn’t a plan and the club is literally a how to in not managing assets.

I’ll go back to lurking…

5 Likes

I never had hope of big signings. Honestly speaking, we are not a very attractive proposition right now. Why would an established player come to a club in the decline, with a novice manager, with a bunch of average players, and no European football.

Players like Lokonga, Tavares are what we can expect because as shit as we are, we are a step up for them.

At this point, I’d be happy if we can just get rid of players like Willian, Guendouzi, Torrera, Kolasinac, AMN, Nelson, Nketiah, Soares and replace Xhaka and Bellerin with some young prospects.

1 Like

No need to lurk though. Just casually derail a thread into talking about something else. I think the Ben White thread is just about sports movies now.

4 Likes

I’ve been in favor of this “moneyball” approach for a while. I’d much rather root for a bunch of young players and see if they can form a great core than Willian’s can’t be bothered sorry ass barely jogging around out there or Xhaka’s stupid ass making the same mistakes.

It just seems that the club is rudderless with no plan and when you see that the club doesn’t have an good internal structure right now, it makes it tough to see how it gets better.

Way too much riding on a novice manager.

No mention of Slap Shot? Kids these days… :facepalm: :wink:

4 Likes

Or even “Rookie of the Year” which still gets quoted all the time among my siblings and I.

3 Likes

They were talking best sport comedies and nobody mentioned Cool Runnings smh.

3 Likes

Y’all motherfuckers complaining about films not mentioned instead of going into the sports movie thread and mentioning them. Good grief! :ginger:

3 Likes

Yawn.

“He’d probably…”

When we sign other players and when we do something different to what Arteta Out guys suspected, it’ll be “oh well, he probably wanted to do this…” or “well still a shit team” even if it contains all the players you all wanted it to contain.

Honestly, it’s an international tournament. Arteta isn’t going anywhere. So you agenda lot should just take a holiday.

4 Likes

.:rofl:

7 Likes

This transfer window is so hectic it’s hard to keep up with all the players we have coming in and leaving.

1 Like

Doubt we’ll be getting news till Monday unless it’s for Lokonga, Tavares and White.

Bored so I’ll give a roundup of our business and targets so far:

• GK: Interest in various targets. So far we’ve heard about Onana, Woodman, Raya and Ramsdale. Latest word is that we’re focusing on HG ones so Onana may be out of consideration now. No bids yet.
  • RB: Depending on Bellerin(going) and AMN(TBD). The latest players we’ve been linked with are Adams and Muldur. Worth noting that we’ve looked at 6 RBs so far including the names I mentioned. The 4 others were Lamptey(uncertainty around his injury) Hakimi(too expensive, going to PSG), Aarons(dropped interest, probably too expensive), Emerson Royal(complicated deal as Barca now own him).
  • CB: Advanced stages with White. Personal terms agreed but no agreement with Brighton yet. Rumours yesterday that City and Everton are also interested, could be led by Brighton to push us though.
  • LB: Tavares imminent.
  • CM:
    1. Lokonga imminent
    2. Locatelli appears to be a priority but Juve are the player’s preference. It all depends on if they find an agreement with Sassuolo. Neves, Berge and Bissouma some other names of interest.
  • AM: Odegaard is still the priority. Maddison appears to be the alternative. This is expected to run down to the wire.
  • ST: Depending on Lacazette(one year contract extension on the table). Isak is a player of interest but he renewed his interest yesterday. Sociedad want to keep him for another season.
7 Likes

If we’re looking at a GK, RB, CB, CM, AM and striker, it’s a massive amount of business to be done in this window.
We also have to sell several players to for this to happen.

I think we have to get a GK, cover for LB, CB, a CM and AM as these are the positions that clearly need strengthening.

If Bellerin or Lacazette leave, they’ll have to be replaced but I don’t think they are a priority as we have too many other positions we need quality in.

The players we’re linked with are going to cost more than 150m and we might get around 50m for the players that are supposed to be leaving, which is a net spend of about 100m, but for a club renowned for their ineptitude in the transfer market this seems too much to happen.

3 Likes