Arsenal transfers 24/25

@Joshua :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah weā€™ll keep Willock for another 12 months, heā€™ll be used sparingly off the bench and his value will tank.

6 Likes

Ideally heā€™s 3rd or 4th choice midfielder in the upcoming season. That should get him enough minutes to be an important part of the team.

His versatility is also useful. He can pretty much play in every position in midfield and attack.

2 Likes

Still clinging onto the hope that he ever pulls on the Arsenal Jersey mate?

I reckon as a bloke in your early 20s heā€™ll definitely prefer to speak your mother tongue and live in a beautiful place like Marseille in the sunny South of France over damp cold Newcastle for sure. Palace being London based may be a bit more appealing but still.

1 Like

If he leaves on a free, so be it. No contract should be on offer.

I canā€™t believe he was given a new contract back in 2018. Absolute nothing player.

1 Like

:joy::rofl: I canā€™t let it go, his physical profile and technique looks like heā€™s tailored made for this league. I agree Newcastle is unappealing but at least in the PL we could easily follow him week in and week out, and rate his performances in the context of the team heā€™s playing for and how he fairs against teams that we are actually competing against.

2 Likes

I see him more of an advanced midfielder as opposed to being part of a midfield pivot. Simply doesnā€™t get on the ball enough to be part of a midfield pivot IMO.

3 Likes

Agreed the lads a stud. Probably stole Artetaā€™s girlfriend or something

1 Like

Folks, meet your new midfield partner for Thomas Partey!

2 Likes

Sky going against the flow of what others are reporting.
Do we trust them? :bellerin:

• Yes
  • No
  • Yes, if the news are good
  • No, if the news are bad.

0 voters

The lethal combination of Arteta and Edu strikes again :grin:

Werenā€™t he pretty fucking shit when he played for Swansea?

2 Likes

Tbf, thatā€™s ages ago. Canā€™t hold that against him. Heā€™s been somewhat good at Lille but he hasnā€™t had a full season yet in his career. Too many injuries at 23.
I assume his output in the Euros has brought attention on him again.

He was 18/19 back then to be fair

And as shit as he was, heā€™s still an upgrade over Xhaka :slight_smile:

1 Like

When he first completes a full season and is consistent, we can then say that.
The past season he wasnā€™t even one of the best midfielders at Lille.
Xeka, Andre and Soumare were all better than him.

I see he has 7 goals in his League career. Why are we adverse to buying players who score goals ffs.

1 Like

Based on what though? They play different roles anyway. They seem to be DMs were as Sanches is a box to box ball carrier with more creative ability. Iā€™d say he has more skill and upside than the rest put together

1 Like

Thatā€™s Renatoā€™s biggest issue.
Heā€™s a jack of all trades but master of none. Many games where heā€™s been a passenger. He has had his days where he looks like a baller but he is often just another body.
His defending isnā€™t that great, heā€™s a good ball carrier but he tends to keep onto the ball for far too long which usually doesnā€™t end up in anything substantial, and heā€™s not particularly creative with his passing and vision. I reckon Ikone and Samba are more creative.
Thatā€™s where the others I have mentioned have been more effective.

If we wanted a Lille midfielder it should have been Soumare. Getting Sanches now sounds very shortsighted.