Arsenal transfers 23/24

Surely @Powderfinger meant the Palace march instead?

1 Like

Hes referring to the Palace game played before Newcastle when he played…obviously

2 Likes

Yup, my bad. Point stands.

1 Like

Are we actually signing Bertrand? This is absolute nonsense if we do it.

1 Like

He dropped like a 7.0 in that match according to who scored about the same as Partey I dont think he was as bad as ur making him out to be.

Yeah. I thought he had a bad start in that game but he soon picked it up. Him and Auba started causing issues from the left and once he was hooked the game pretty much ended as Saka couldn’t handle the left side on his own and Bellerin with Pepe were struggling on the right.

Arteta’s biggest issue at the moment is his obsession with filling roles in his game plan rather than adjusting it based on who he has available.

He was bad. But if we had a legit dribbling left wing I think you could sometimes get away with AMN at LB. Auba really needs Tierney out there to make it somewhat functional.

1 Like

Any truth about Draxler joining ?
We’ve been after him for years , there are strong rumours this could happen but a rumour is just that .
Anyone know more ?

1 Like

Hardly the best journalists reporting it mate. But if there’s any truth to PSG looking at Guen, it could make sense. He’s out of contract in the summer, unwanted at PSG and pretty available on a free while having loads of technical quality, can dribble and make his own goals. Still only 27.

2 Likes

New chain of tweets from Bell. Feel free to check them on Twitter.
Confirms Odegaard is done and only the announcement is remaining.

The club is keeping tabs on a number of targets for the creative midfielder role.
There is a plan to go big for it. There are factors that will come into play such as Champions League qualification and financial support. Odegaard is also an alternative candidate if he impresses.

I reckon the club will go for Grealish or Maddison if we earn a spot in the Champions League.
Buendia if we don’t.

1 Like

If we go for Grealish we might have a chance of actually getting in the CL, maybe not this season but certainly the next.
He is exactly the sort of player we need.
Dynamic, creative and with a winning mentality, everything we lack in our midfield.

3 Likes

Buendia it is then, because we are not qualifying for the Champions league, forget that straight away.

3 Likes

There is always the chance the club says fuck it and buys Grealish anyway.
He’s gonna ask for massive wages though.

I’m going to go out on a limb here…there’s zero chance of Grealish or Maddison ever playing for Arsenal.

Arsenal should concentrate on finding the ‘next Grealish.’ Harvey Elliott looks decent but he’s already contracted to Liverpool. Michael Olise of Reading has something about him.

3 Likes

I agree.
Not only do we lack the sort of ambition it takes to get either player, there will be other clubs interested who will be far more appealing to a young ambitious player.

When do we ever go out and get the best player we can for a position we are so desperate in?

1 Like

Auba, Pepe, Gabriel and Partey.

Also, enjoying the fuck out of wannabe ITK Dean getting found out again after pushing the whole Brandt to Arsenal this window.

1 Like

We genuinely might already have him in ESR.

1 Like