Arsenal transfers 23/24

That Chelsea team was so crap. Bertrand and Solomon Kalou on the wings? I still can’t believe they won.

3 Likes

We can thank Robben and Messi for missing matchwinning penalties.

We’ve had Macey, Ozil, Kola, Saliba and Sok out. Only Macey and Kola were registered so that frees up one HG and one NHG spot.

Ryan is NHG so with Odegard coming in too I presume Runarson will be dropped from the 25 and possibly we’ll try shift him.

So unless we can somehow get rid of Willian or something we can only really go home grown.

2 Likes

1 Like

AMN at LB isn’t the answer for Mikel because he’s not left-footed. If Mikel struggles to play a right-footed CB on the left side of the pairing, then what makes you think he’s gonna persist with a right-footed LB. Nae chance.

Plus AMN is way too inconsistent for my liking. Seems like a moody player.

2 Likes

I think this is more to do with Arteta as it seems a lot of players are playing like this. He just drops players for no reason, regardless of how well they played. A lot of our players confidence levels must be the lowest it’s ever been in their careers.

I still believe that we got a team that could do well, but I’ve just lost confidence in Arteta, when we do well it’s because of “moments of individual brilliance”, Tierney, Saka, ESR and Partey etc… haven’t seen any game with the exception of the Man City cup game were you can say Arteta out smarted the other teams manager and we actually out done them on the pitch. It’s always because one or two players changed the game for us, and this is dangerous because like we saw for the first half of the season a small dip in form and we’re just outside of the relegation zone.

Worst part about all of this is how he ruins our assets, players who have potential to become good players for us or to be sold of for a good price. Really hope that come end of the season Arteta moves or the board replace him (even though that’s very unlikely).

4 Likes

So, so true.

1 Like

Manor Solomon would be a good acquisition for our left sided issues (so prominent today)

1 Like

The last couple cup matches have really shown that a legitimate backup left back is a real need. I don’t want to give him a shit contract but a player like Bertrand iwould be a big improvement on either Cedric or AMN deputizing in that role.

We can’t do that deal now though, can we?

Every time AMN has played that left back role he’s been good especially definsively. In fact he’s been great as an RB too but he never plays. The fact Arteta doesn’t rate him tells me he’s actually a really good player because Arteta has issues understanding who our good and bad players are.

1 Like

How come?

Nah, AMN has been good in the hybrid LWB/midfield role against big competition but never good as a LB in a four man backline where he actually has to be the player that provides width in possession. He was easily the worst player on the pitch against Newcastle and has never shined in prior performances either.

2 Likes

I didn’t think we’d have any money now. I also don’t really like the idea of giving Edu and Arteta any money to spend until the summer. I just don’t trust them. But since it’s pretty clear we aren’t getting an actual DoF into the club we’re stuck with the Butthead Brothers making decisions.

1 Like

Cherry pick the one performance when he hasn’t played for months lol.

OK, point me to a match when he played LB in a four man backline (ie, not as weird hybrid LWB/midfield) and was good.

1 Like

He was basically playing as a LB because Xhaka is fucking useless. So he was already doing the same role and was probably our motm against City in the FA Cup and was holding the shitty formation together. Also he’s played RB plenty of times and he actually makes us useful down the right hand side when most of our attack comes from the left because of Tierney.

I’d really like to see him get more chances at RB. I’m also fine with him used in certain tactical situations as LWB/midfield against big clubs that will dominate the ball against us. But there are zero examples of him playing well as a LB in a four man backline where he needs to be the widest player when we have the ball.

All his instincts are to drift inside, rather than stay outside. He can’t weight a pass down the line with his left foot and he sure as fuck can’t put in a cross. He has none of the skills that are actually required of a LB when we have the ball and want to create offense down that side.

1 Like

AMN came on the 120th minute against Newcastle in the FA Cup. :thinking:
Or are you talking about the league? Still, he wasn’t even in the squad for that game. :thinking:

Lol going off memory I remember he came in at the end of the match when the result was anyway decided and I had stopped watching, must be referring to the FA Cup lol.