Arsenal transfers 23/24

AMN has been good in the LWB role in matches against big clubs where all he really had to do was stay in the pocket of a player like Mahrez then be a half assed midfielder who ran a lot in possession. There is zero reason to believe, based on his performances or his skill set, that AMN can play well enough as a true LB in a four man defense in matches where we actually need to break teams down. We need somebody who can give us width and put in crosses with his left foot. Honestly, AMN’s performance against Newcastle was very indicative. Its not just that he crapped himself all over the pitch (sometimes that happens, especially when thrust into a new role after not playing for a while) but he occupied all the wrong spaces and positions when we had the ball, always trying to creep inside. We had nothing down the left. We need a player who can at least approximate what Tierney does for us, even with much less quality.

Bertrand may not be the best answer but 100% the answer is not AMN.

3 Likes

AMN was only good in those games because Tierney was playing at LCB and Tierney is a god.

1 Like

AMN basically did the job of Xhaka’s useless ass, so AMN was doing two jobs on the pitch. As soon as AMN was discluded from the team the back 5 stopped working because AMN gets forward and gets into dangerous positions. The one time we got a decent result this season was due to AMN getting into the box and getting that peno against united.

However besides the point of if you rate him or not, Arsenal supporters are very low on intelligence when it comes to how to maximize the talent on your squad. Wolves were offering us 20m for him earlier in summer window. Think we’d get that now? Lmaoooo we don’t use him, and we are a lower half mid table team what kind of message does that send to other teams? We’ve fucked it as per usual…

3 Likes

Never change. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

AMN is a RB though ideally.

What we need is for PSG or Barca to take Bellerin off our hands, and go with AMN.

In hindsight I wish we took their £20m offer. But alas.

I wouldn’t mind a LB, but I wish the Hale End factory helped us in this respect, I don’t think Bola is quite up to it.

2 Likes

Everyone knew we should have, but Arteta gonna Arteta and keep a player for who knows what purpose definitely not to use him :joy::joy: i mean we offered Mustafi a contract extension ffs :grin::+1:

1 Like

Not for AMN bro, the PSG offer for Bellerin.

2 Likes

Ahh yeah definitely but Arteta really has an issue identifying talent, he’s a perfect manager for our clueless fanatic base tbh. Continually gives chances to Willock and Nelson, meanwhile a real baller ESR couldn’t get into the team until he was absolutely forced to use him. Arteta is such a fucking moron he rates Bellerin, Xhaka, and Mustafi, even tho these doods have covered him in the glory of being 11th in the table :joy::joy::joy: so he’s never gonna use AMN, fuck knows why he blocked 20m in sales when we were short a couple million of buying his wet dream Aouar, lmaooo Arteta might actually be challenged mentally a few too many headers in his playing days maybe idk

1 Like

Hes on 70 a week atm. I think its realistic for us to offer him 55 to 60.

Surely we can find somebody better than a fucking 31 year old Ryan Bertrand?

Another Chelsea cast-off really. Wasn’t good enough for them so they sold his ass but he’ll end up at Arsenal anyway because we love Chelsea shitters in our squad

3 Likes

Wenger was shit.

3 Likes

This will be another one of those “they’ve offered him 2 years but he wants 3” bullshits.

2 Likes

I just don’t want dead weight players, same issue as Cedric, people saying they are good enough based on the idea of them being back ups, which is fine until we really need them then the tune changes. But then you can never shift them.

1 Like

Now that is the million dollar question actually. Why do we become so often so dependent on back ups?

Nelson will come good after his loan.

1 Like

Where’s he going to play? Right wing is Saka’s. On the left he’s not going to be effective. Need to sell, asap.

1 Like

Left right or CAM

If we get Bertrand we can have him as LB, Cedric RB and Chambers as CB, in an ex Southampton defence.
It’s usually Liverpool that hoovers up loads of Southampton players but it looks like we’re getting in on the act.

Come on bro. He doesn’t have the creative nous(?) to play on the left or in the centre. He’s a winger in the most traditional sense (byline player).

1 Like

Knew his age wouldn’t be far off 30, from memory he started in that 2012 Champions League final Chelsea somehow freakishly managed to win.