Arsenal transfers 23/24

You left a manager off @Electrifying :star_struck:

That was a difficult choice
 I had 3 priorities rather than just the one, but was a toss up between attacking mid and CB. Both need dependable upgrades, then I feel it would transform the team.

1 Like

No brother, if you stay patient, Arteta will deliver you a first class team.

The passing will be royally good soon, we just have to track the progress even though it may take a while.

This team has been enveloped in failure too long. He has the right package of skills to sort it imo.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be the worst signing but also don’t think too highly of him anyway. Think he’s a moments player and he’s inconsistent.

7 Likes

Coutinho is the type of creative player that would help solve some of Arsenal’s issues up top, but where does he play? He could be played centrally but that would hurt us defensively.

Would he be played as the left-sided attacker? That’s his best position but that’s also Auba’s position in Arteta’s line-up. The likely scenario for Arsenal is that they finish outside the European places this year and that will hinder us financially. Which leads me to believe that Arsenal won’t sign/loan Coutinho unless they are giving up Aubameyang.

On a loan yes 100 percent

2 Likes

If we sign Coutinho, even on loan, it’s essential that Ceballos or another (deep-lying) playmaker is signed. Otherwise that is going to be frustrating as shit. Cause he can’t pass for nothing.

2 Likes

If ESR can break out like Saka, that makes things so much much easier for us.

It would be an almost Fernandes level difference imo.

3 Likes

I don’t even know is Fernandes even that good.

Seems like he is having an insane fluke settling in bit. Why has no one tried to buy him before if he was this good :joy:

1 Like

Attacking midfielder is a pretty loaded position these days

ISCOOOOO

1 Like

If we can somehow pull Partey off and get a good de bruyne style player (what I mean by AM) that will improve us unimaginably.

Numbers wise our defence is actually no worse than Chelsea or United. It’s really the other end that’s the current issue for me.

1 Like

If we can get Courtinho on loan, as well as buying Partey and a decent CB, that would be a good window although it is the bare minimum from Arteta’s point of view.

1 Like

were lucky to be able to attract big names, despite not competing in the champions league for a few years and next season might not even be in the europa league, our club still has a big name despite not being amazing in recent years

That’s true, and if we can pay higher wages than other mid table clubs then we might still be more attractive than them.
But if the mid table finishes become more frequent the board won’t be able to afford to get the top players.

So If any other clubs, apart from the top six, start investing heavily, like Everton, Wolves and Newcastle, then we could fall even further behind and they will become the more attractive.

1 Like

Defence is an issue because we have to handicap our midfield/attack to help it out and its still shit.

We play one less midfielder/attacking player so we’re able to fit three CBs of Luiz, Mustafi and Kolasnic into the team. Even just writing that out makes me nauseous.

But I agree our attacking numbers are worrisome as well. We just have to many areas which need desperate attention if we want to become anything kind of a balanced side.

7 Likes

Coutinho for a reasonable loan fee would help on the creativity front. We look bereft of ideas in the final third but we need better CMs to build attacks in the first place.

Coutinho + Partey would transform us but Coutinho on his own won’t push us up into the next tier.

So much depends on who we are able to sell and whether we scrape into Europa. There’s a lot of deadwood to shift off the wage bill and could potentially generate good money if we sell players like Guendouzi, Bellerin and/or Torreira. Nelson and AMN would also fetch good money.

It’s going to be a wait and see summer of transfers. Don’t have huge hopes unless we can cull about 25% of the squad, which doesn’t ever happen really.

2 Likes

What is the fascination with this guy? It’s a name only thing. We could do better for half the cost.