Arsenal transfers 24/25

Who would you say is way better for half the cost?

1 Like

Small Gathering

18 Likes

Been talking about it in the wishlist thread. Locatelli Milan reject impressing in Serie A, probably could be had for 20-25m euros. Santamaria is valued at like 10m and is a beast.

Locatelli is not the one by any stretch of the imagination.

1 Like

Now I can actually say this guy is good because he is somebody Iā€™ve watched.

He was a beast against us for Atletico and is quality.

Maybe not worth Ā£50m but miles ahead of the immobile midfielders we have currently.

The only issue I have with him would be his iq and brains. Because heā€™s a moron if he wants to come here.

2 Likes

Agreed. I canā€™t see him failing in the Prem. He has everything going for him to be a massive success. Weā€™ve been tracking him for years now so the club surely did their homework. Plus, it appears he really wants to come now(and in previous windows too) which is always a great indicator.

1 Like

Killing it for Sassuolo and probably moving to Juve soon but yeh weā€™re probably too good for him :joy::joy:

Write up on his recent performances if anyone is interested in broadening your horizons :+1::+1:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scoutedftbl.com/amp/reassessing-manuel-locatelli

Juventus are the same squad that have been a disaster in the transfer market recently, stockpiling an absolutely bang average midfield that has killed their European momentum.

Iā€™ve been watching Locatelli since his Milan days, heā€™s definitely grown as a player but he remains a player who wonā€™t have a huge impact on bigger teams. If he does move to Juventus, he will not start even in that average midfield and if he does heā€™ll be dropped or replaced within the season.

Sometimes you need to watch players instead of checking our write ups all the time. Iā€™m going to go out on a limb and assume you donā€™t follow Sassuolo games regularly.

1 Like

It took me a few seconds to get this (Iā€™m slow like that), but once I got it I laughed a lot. Good work :+1: :smile:

1 Like

Lol and u watch him regularly do you? Iā€™ll pay attention to what the professionals have to say about him thanks :+1::grin:

Oh and itā€™s pretty hilarious that youā€™d stick ur nose up to Juveā€™s midfield. Sure it wonā€™t win them the CL but it wouldnā€™t be languishing in 10th in the PL either. They just took our best midfielder last season ffs :joy::joy:

2 Likes

The fact Ramsey was our best midfielder says more about us than them.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve watched him play about 40 times in his career. Thatā€™s 40 times more than you.

Itā€™s a sad state of affairs that you feel passionate enough to talk other players down youā€™ve never seen play and hype players up youā€™ve never seen play just because you saw a graph.

1 Like

Heā€™s smoked out homie

could be my most liked post on OA, looking at my previous one itā€™s not that hard though

Sure you have, no need to make shit up my dood. Iā€™ve seen Partey plenty of times hes nothing special for the quoted price. We need to be signing a different profile of player. Arsenal fans donā€™t realize the state that the club is in apparently. They think we can still attract a player from Atletico and that we can pay over the odds because heā€™s got a decent rep and plays for a big club. We need to maximize the money we spend instead of getting a guy like Pepe for 72m and getting a somewhat decent return. We coulda had Sarr for less than half that btw meaning higher ceiling but less return immediately and weā€™ve already viewed his quality already, wish we had a guy who could single handedly destroy lolpool like he did. I told yā€™all back then as well btw, and then we coulda spent the rest much more wisely. Pretty funny how most of OA was creaming their pants for Partey and we dont even have a chance for him anyways lmao :joy::joy:

Btw these arenā€™t my opinions Iā€™m just sharing what the experts say. And Iā€™m usually ahead of the curve because I listen to them. This kid James who just moved to Lyon I was talking about weeks ago, heā€™s one of the top offensive producers in the world and Campos their director is usually more often right than he is wrong. We could had him for 25m, heā€™s an attacking mid/forward a position we sorely need, but we slept on him as usual.

I always have and I always will watch more Serie A than the PL. Itā€™s the league I grew up on and Iā€™ve carried that into adult life too.

Thereā€™s a reason you barely see me in the Bundesliga or La Liga thread (and when I do Iā€™m tagging guys like Will, Elec and AC for their opinions), because I donā€™t watch many games and I donā€™t pretend to. The Serie A, I watch every week if I can because itā€™s my league of choice.

2 Likes

OK fair enough but there are still a bunch of professionals who rate him.

The coach of Sassuolo, De Zerbi works well with quite a few players at the club. People like Locatelli benefit from his coaching because he plays a brand of football that not a lot of teams in Italy do. Itā€™s kind of Sarri-esque in possession.

People like Locatelli look great in the system. Hell its gotten something like 15-17 goals out of a guy called Caputo (whoā€™s decent but playing way above the level youā€™d expect and heā€™s also something like 33).

I donā€™t trust Locatelli to transition from mid table Italian football to being an Arsenal midfielder. I donā€™t even trust him to transition to being able to handle the pressure of Juventus if he does go there. They are vultures who are particularly hard on their talent and demand instant results.

Heā€™s the kind of player Iā€™d love for us to have signed if we already had a great midfield and wanted some different options for rotation. But if we bring him here, heā€™s not going to add much because we donā€™t play like De Zerbi and we wonā€™t protect him.

1 Like

:arteta:

You putting me alongside AC and Will for Spanish league opinions:

I watch like one La liga match a year but Iā€™m flattered lol.

18 Likes

I meant generally speaking haha. I tend to tag one of the three of you when it all about European football. I, sure I use you most for French football loo

1 Like