Arsenal transfers 23/24

I will be absolutely furious if we waste money on him. If he wants to stay in London so bad he can fuck off to Fulham and play for them. He’s just another Lichtsteiner waiting to happen.

1 Like

He’s better than Hazard, though, right?

:wenger2:

1 Like

Yeah. Anyone would be better than that fraud. Was stinking out the place in Madrid before the lockdown basically saved his season.

Priority number one?

• Attacking midfielder
  • Centre-back
  • Winger
  • Striker
  • Defensive midfielder
  • Central midfielder
  • Goalkeeper
  • Left back
  • Right back

0 voters

Poll is missing a fuck everything option.

14 Likes

Will be interesting to see people’s opinions, interesting that an AM is top priority.

OA knows what it’s talking about tbf.

We have one player I would fancy to see and then make a clever pass and he won’t play. A single player with some creativity is what I’m missing the most.

If we keep signing 2 random CBs every year I’m sure at some point we’ll end up with 2 that are not shit, but if we don’t have a creative player somewhere near the opposition box I think our football is going to be shit forever.

3 Likes

yeah we do

1 Like

Attacking mids/10s are a relic of the past. Hybrid 8s are the future, so I chose CM as the option. No doubt we need a creative force but we need a better/healthy version of a guy like Ramsey who has an engine, can bomb forward, score goals, assist, and win balls high up the pitch, a young Cesc basically. We are very soft in the middle and it causes us to lose the midfield battle more oft than not, and against far inferior sides as well.

1 Like

You really struggle to pick one of the options you are given don’t you sham :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I was the first voter (outside of the poll creator) I’ll have you know. Much like in an election I can vote and complain about the options available. :slight_smile:

You could spoil it and vote for everything :wink:

I fucking tried!! Elec had me and my ilk sussed!

2 Likes

Polls like that just make you realise how desperately we need so many things.

3 Likes

Ahh nice, you can see the poll identified the positions we need to strengthen on. CB, CM and AM.

Mean K2 is off to Chelsea then? They won’t carry him, Manolas and the new guy.

1 Like

My love for tiny, technical wizard CM’s aside, I think we really need to build a solid backline this time around.

I think @Electrifying mentioned it somewhere recently?, but the additions of Tierney and hopefully Saliba living up to his hype, are the first signs of Arsenal football club acquiring top level defenders, since Sol?

And given how much of an influence the CB’s are in an Arteta team, I would much rather we had a competent backline for a change. Out of the many CB’s at our disposal right now, I can’t think of one solid pairing. I can’t say for certain that any one of these guys are free of faults. And for the sake of my sanity, I just can’t gauge (I can, we’re well accustomed to it being AFC fans) how shit of a feeling it would be to invest money into a brand new midfield, with all the bells and whistles, to have some floundering whopper in defence, undo all the good in a game.

We’ve been ‘good’ defensively as a team since Mikel has taken the mantle, so it would, logically for me at least mean that whatever CB he chooses to bring to the club, instantly benefits from that system. As long he doesn’t have a Mustafi level brain defect, we’re good.

After that, I’ll be salivating for Santi clones and an heir to Xhaka.

2 Likes

Can’t just pick one lol

1 Like

We don’t know what a backline of Bellerin - Saliba - Mari - Tierney is going to offer yet…we know Xhaka is shit and Ceballos might prefer going back to Real Betis. It doesn’t make sense not to invest in midfield.