Arsenal transfers 23/24

He was only here for a month though :ozil:

I would consider it a visit rather than a loan

2 Likes

Were Lehman and Sol loans or short term frees?

Both free transfers

1 Like

I really enjoyed having them both back even if they just did a job haha

Baptista was alright.

2 Likes

probably the best post in the history of OA

1 Like

looks like Soares isn’t the only Saints player we want

not good enough for us though

I read earlier that Spurs were making a move on him

yessssssssssssssss

He was great in the old FM days
 haven’t followed him closely enough since his stint with Bayern, etc.

1 Like

a guy I used to watch on youtube always signed him on his fifa career modes

Xhaka out in the summer?

2 Likes

hopefully a few out in the summer, some of the guys coming back from loans as well

Yeah, he was always leaving, Arteta just made him stick around for now.

It’s why we wanted Guimaraes, and we would have got him if he waited until the summer before moving. Unfortunately he wanted it now and we didn’t have the cash/Lyon were more attractive I guess.

Maybe Soumare will be the one, Bouhafsi says he is waiting to move to a top6 club in the summer after rejecting Newcastle (are we even top6 now though lol)

2 Likes

I’d rather we went for Ibrahim SangarĂ©, seemingly has all the tools to be the player we wanted Xhaka to be.

Soumaré seems a good option too though.

Yeah, I think we’ve missed out big time on Guimaraes tbh

Which is odd because there seemed to be an offer on the table for Xhaka until Arteta made a case to him to retain. Guimaraes for Xhaka would have been an excellent swap.

Why would we pursue a 6 in the summer?

1 Like

Yeah agreed, I’m pretty sad, he seemed like just what we need based on what folks were saying.

tbh who knows, plans may change. After that performance vs Bournemouth, I want to see what Arteta’s long term plans are for Guendouzi. If he continues to stay as a #6, I like that. Between him and Torreira there may be little need for one.

Andf they go for more attacking midfielder options. I really want Ziyech, and maybe one other to replace Ceballos if/when he goes back to Madrid.

A rather uninspiring January, but I never expected it to be a great January for the club.

The summer window simply has this be a massive step in the right direction or we’re in big trouble.

2 Likes

our last summer transfer window looked decent but it hasn’t turned out that way unfortunately

In fairness with Martinelli it might end up being a decent summer, just not in the way we expected.

I still think Tierney can be quality also and Pepe can be a good player just not worth the outlay we gave.

1 Like