Arsenal transfers 23/24

yeah Martinelli has been our best signing by far

I think Grealish would be an interesting option in the summer. We desperately need a new attacking midfielder with some creativity and who can also help us in the buildup. I like that he has a little bit of cuntishness and swagger to him and also that he really seems to want to get on the ball and force the issue. He also is at the right age for where we are as a rebuilding team, unlike Ziyech.

He has been mostly linked with Spurs and United but Iā€™m not sure he really fits either side now (at least as a starter) as their squads have developed.

2 Likes

Look at winter 2019 compared to siummer 2019.

Will be similar.

Keep the faith @Aussiegooner Cagigao and Edu have been hard at work planning a real madness to come.

Even more if we can somehow win Europa.

1 Like

I wasnā€™t sure about Grealish up until this season, impressed when he first broke into the Villa team a few years ago but never looked like he could make the step up (was always Villas best player) but this season heā€™s been immense, like Zaha is for Palace really

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve been really impressed by him this year. I think he can play for a top side.

To me, that attitude has always come across as petulance/immaturity tbh

Iā€™m not sure physically he has the tools to be effective at our level or the technical ability to compensate

can play on the wing and behind the striker equally as well

You may be right about the attitude. But Iā€™m not sure I agree about the athleticism, which seems fine to me, or the technical ability, which also seems good although sometimes its hard to tell when a player is in the middle of a weak side.

He has a pretty intriguing statistical profile as well. Per whoscored, he is 4th in the PL and 11th in all Europe in key passes per game. 15 in the PL in dribbles per game. He also leads all of Europe by a mile in number of times fouled per game (4.8, next highest are Fekir and Neymar at 3.9 and 3.8, next highest in PL is Zaha at 3.1). Obviously getting fouled isnā€™t a very important outcome in and of itself but this suggests that he gets on the ball a lot and is pretty good at keeping it and looking dangerous enough for the other side to cut him down.

We need somebody in the middle of the park higher up the pitch who can frequently demand and seek the ball, consistently keep the ball, and occasionally do something truly dangerous with it (ie, less of a passenger than Ozil).

2 Likes

Exceptional hair aswell

Heā€™s become a genuine leader now and looks like heā€™s ready for a big move IMO.

He used to have professionalism issues but since becoming captain seems to have flourished with the responsibility and now put that behind him.

2 Likes

Disappointing window

1 Like

Another boring and unexceptionable window. Spent a bit of money for squad reinforcement. If weā€™re lucky one or both may be good enough to get regular first team starts but Iā€™m not excited about them right now.

We were under invested and incompetently run for years. We built a huge cash reserve even while paying off huge amounts of debt (which would allow KES to leverage up in America to subsidise other investments or a Kroenke cash hoover without fans being able to see if they wish). The team went down the shitter bit by bit.

Latterly we blew a lot of our wad in a panic driven spending spree of the hugest incompetence possible. Initially under Gazidis and Wenger, then we accelerated in a bigger panic under lazy fat arse Sanllehi (I think heā€™s even shitter than Gazidis and btw heā€™s not well regarded by the troops in the club) and hapless Emery.

Now the cupboards starting to look bare in our self funding/debt paying down model and we are swimming in the shit 40 points off the top of the prem after just 24 games of the season. Itā€™s a long way back from here and I can predict right now, weā€™ll never win the league (other than the a Championship) or the CL as long as king tosser Kroenke is the owner. Sooner he fucks off so we can get some regime change the better.

3 Likes

Correct weā€™ll never come close to winning a CL or winning the league whilst being run by KSE.

So far in nearly a decade of majority ownership, we havenā€™t got 80 points in the league or got past the rd 16 in CL.

We have currently stooped to being a Europa League team and probably wonā€™t even manage that next season, absolute grim times.

3 Likes

What panic? Apart from overpaying for Pepe they do seem to take a more sensible approach by building a core of under-25 players. If this ā€˜projectā€™ will succeed weā€™ll have to see in the future. Appointing Emery has set us back, surely, but to shoot everything off again doesnā€™t seem fair.

Unless this team gets a Arab or Russian owner who is going to spend out of his own pocket, Arsenal will probably never win a title.

what do people really honestly want in january no other clubs have made signings that are incredible as such maybe some people say say that Manu did well to get Bruno but other than that there has not been much done by most clubs for what you consider high calibre players. How about also letting these players have a chance before behaving like they are just dumpster fire hires.

1 Like

More. Always more.

8 Likes

Iā€™m not going to judge MarĆ­ yet as Iā€™ve never seen him play.

To answer the question though, I wouldnā€™t mind a Virgil type player.

1 Like

To be fair I didnā€™t expect anything more than dumpster fire hires. My expectations are very low these days in our self funding/debt repaying regime and actually we spent more than I was expecting.

And youā€™re right they could be unexpectedly good. We really need Arteta to work miracles with this squad and hopefully weā€™ll claw our way up the league a bit on the back of it.

1 Like

well Mari did well against liverpool when he met them and apparently was key for Flamengo winning the league etcā€¦didnt his team win that liverpool match? cant remember.

They came close but nah they didnā€™t, Liverpool just never lose.

1 Like