Arsenal transfers 23/24

Never heard this made up name Upamecano before today but will be gutted if it doesn’t come off, despite not knowing if it isn’t a real person or not

6 Likes

We just need Palace to come in for him now to start a bidding war!

Yeah if that happens we might get close to £1m for him :henry2:

If there are any takers for Mustafi even with a bidding war we will gladly sell for anything over £5

Every little helps! :raul:

1 Like

Nothing verifies Raul and co as dons like them managing to shift Jenkinson.

Nothing.

2 Likes

Dare I say it, even not the magic “M” word ?? :open_mouth:

If they manage to get rid of mustafi as well, 1st order of business next summer is to get rauls statue done.

The Transfer Window closes for the Premier League on Thursday…we can still sell players after, but who is for the chop? And I don’t mean who is getting a circumcision…

• Koscielny
  • Elneny
  • Mustafi
  • Jenkinson
  • Monreal
  • Xhaka
  • Mkhitaryan
  • Chambers
  • Mavropanos
  • Kolašinac

0 voters

I would pick more, but don’t see them as realistic. I still hold out hope for Moose, but that seems incredibly unlikely.

This is easy. Almost every single one of these guys is for sale if a team wants them, with the exception of Mavropanos because we don’t even really know what we have and he’s still very young and Kolasinac because we don’t have a proper backup and Nacho is done as a starting LB at this point. Nacho I would also keep because he can fill in at LB and also play CB.

Defenders in order of who I’d sell:

Mustafi
Jenkinson
Kosh
Chambers

Midfielders:

Elneny
Miki
Xhaka

As far as the midfield goes Elneny is basically just blocking a guy like Willock who is already probably as good plus has room to improve. Miki because he’s such a boring player and is on massive wages. I don’t honestly wouldn’t mind keeping Xhaka but only as a last resort type player. Don’t want him starting anymore.

2 Likes

We should go all in for Dayot Upamecano…prioritise signing him over Tierney before transfer window closes. Maybe RB Leipzig would take Mustafi in part exchange as well…

Seems to me like this Upemacano thing just presented itself to us and we’re pivoting. Good work transfer team.

Sad for Jenkinson. Man was great in pre-season. We’ll probably sell him for peanuts.

1 Like

How did it “present itself”? Doesn’t seem like they want to sell if any of these reports are even true…

Your pro Jenkinson platform ends here!! (Well, when he leaves)

1 Like

He will never leave. He IS the Arsenal.

Could have come from the players agent. But at any rate I doubt we just put a bunch of names in a hat and picked one out and said “ya let’s go for that”. There has to have been some kind of signal.

1 Like

Voted for everyone :arteta: sad thing is it wasn’t even as a joke I was being deadly serious :grimacing:

4 Likes

Yeah I get that, but if we offered 55 and aren’t that close, that seems unlikely (and the whole thing seems like made-up BS anyway)…

They would have put out feelers (Upe’s folks) if there was some realistic deal possible I would imagine?