Arsenal transfers 23/24

Who knows. But it’s not like this isn’t showing all of the signs of an Arsenal transfer deal in the making.

Nancho is done and he can’t and never has been able to play CB.
He’s been good left back in his time but his fall has been rapid and painful to watch.

3 Likes

At this point, I have no idea what “an Arsenal transfer deal in the making is” - everything has changed with new players, etc…

But yeah, I am all aboard the mystery train of imagining possible deals… I wish I had watched this guy - all I know about him is more/less from what I have read online and the FM angle (which he was wonderkid on).

Want so badly to believe we get another CB in too.

1 Like

Both he and Kola looked atrocious during pre-season. Really sad to see Monreal at this state. Their collective highlights this summer is the Kola chasing the bikers incident.

2 Likes

We signed him nearly 7 years ago lol. We just can’t move players on ffs. Should have been sold years ago

1 Like

I just checked everyone cause I figured it would be easier to uncheck whoever didn’t deserve it. Turns out I couldn’t uncheck anyone.

2 Likes

I think Juventus want to sell Rugani because of the huge capital gains that will be made on him. They paid €500,000 for him so selling him for €30million represents a huge profit on the books for them.

He’s 5th choice CB with a net wage of €3.5m it only makes sense to get shot of someone who probably won’t play more than 15 games this season.

That’s why I think our loan offer will be rejected.

Worried.

Any potential deal we will try to make will go all the way until deadline day, I fear.

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s a lot of work to be done in 2 days.

Just get Tierney over the line if you can’t find a CB.

Although now that Kos has gone, the chances of Mustafi starting are exponentially higher :gabriel:

Would you say he’s likened to an the Italian version of Chambers? Not sure why, I just get that feeling with Juve’s fan’s opinions of him.

Big few days ahead. Our season relies on it

4 Likes

I don’t really know who to compare him to anymore given his total lack of development. I think him and Romagnoli were touted as the next great Italian CBs but whilst Alessio has pushed on, Rugani’s development has totally stalled. With Chambers, he never really looked anything special in my eyes anyway.

He actually had an amazing breakout loan spell at Empoli. He’ll need a good move with good coaching, plenty of game time and a good defensive partner for him to grow again.

I don’t think Arsenal is the place for him, but I guess it’s better than nothing.

1 Like

Ornstein confirmed Jenko talks :siuu:

Get these 2 sold then go big on CB and Tierney pls god

2 Likes

I was confident we will get a couple of defensive signings done before the window closes but am not anymore. There could be last minute deals given how desperate we are, last minute deals are not always the best.

Definitely think we should put Tierney on the back burner. Given how long he’ll still be out for, and then how long it will take him to get playing regularly at full fitness, we may as well leave it until January if we still want him then. We should prioritise the CB this week, that’s far more pressing than a left back that won’t even address our issue there for a couple more months.

3 Likes

Seems to be some really mixed reports on Tierney’s fitness and availability. I thought he’s nearly fit to train because he had the operation back in May?

Indeed, I was listening to the arseblog podcast yesterday and they seemed to think he was 8 weeks off. Very unclear picture, which is why I think we’d be well served to prioritise a CB over him when he may not be up to speed until nearly Christmas anyway.

Don’t get me wrong, if we can do both I’m up for that too.

5 Likes

As it stands now this window stands right in the balance for me.
Defence was the key before the window and where still waiting.
We have one good signing. 2 loan deals that can go either way and a LB deal that nobody knows where it’s going.
Starting were we left off in Baku is not great defensively.

3 Likes

Even without signing a CB, we have Sokratis, Mustafi, Chambers, Holding and Mavropanos. In terms of numbers, there is no urgency to buy a CB at this stage unless we sell Mustafi / Chambers and/or loan out Mavropanos.

I’m feeling less and less hopeful that anything happens at all here. Tierney should have happened by now if it was ever going to happen. We’ve recouped enough from small sales to be able to give them the money they want up front.

Unless we sell / loan a CB in the next day, think we are stuck with the current defensive roster.

Would be great to clean up the books a bit by getting rid of Kos and Jenkinson though. Hopefully Elneny too.

In that case they have to get Tierney.

Otherwise this window is still not good enough.

Ignoring problem areas to focus on big money signings in positions that aren’t as crucial is a classic Gazidis/Wenger move.

1 Like