Arsenal transfers 23/24

Double hernia, right?

He had it done months ago. He probs just needs match fitness now

1 Like

The two months figure was more inreference to the length of rehab needed after the operation which was in May.

I havenā€™t seen any credible source saying he is out for a further two months, Lennon himself said Tierney was nearly fit a couple days ago.

2 Likes

The problem with Zouma is that Chelsea needs him. Rudiger is out until late September, at least, and they canā€™t buy anyone.

He may be more expensive in Jan. Other clubs may be in for him.

I know how this dance goes. We wonā€™t get either at this rate.

1 Like

Would be a disaster start the season with the same pieces in defence.

1 Like

Looks like the Arsenal friendly journos have been briefed re. Upamecano

:siuu:

The Tierney dream dies tho

Iā€™d like us to prioritise a CB only if itā€™s somebody proper good like how this guy sounds.

Tierney over Rugani though.

7 Likes

Is anything that comes from The Athletic automatically Tier 1 now?

He is a good player, but 135m no fucking way! It is a huge stretch i feel even at 100m

As long as the double hernia surgery was successful and assuming it was done laproscopically heā€™s allowed to start strenuous exercise after 8 weeks.

It would probably take a good 4 weeks or so to get match sharp perhaps so he should be ready by September I would guess.

I think a new centre back is needed given Mustafiā€™s continued dreadful play but an upgrade in the left back area is helpful

1 Like

Iā€™ll be pleased to move away from the Tierney deal if weā€™re going after a CB like Upamecano instead.

3 Likes

Iā€™d say so yes.

No chance. You earn that status through a prolonged record of getting things right.

You canā€™t buy prestige. You got to achieve shit before people take you seriously.

Their individual journos that already have a good reputation e.g. Orny? Sure.

But the organisation as a whole? No. Not yet.

Itā€™s tier 1 for now. Itā€™s got a lot of reputable journalists from reputable sources so Iā€™m going to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Plus Iā€™m a subscriber now, so it better fucking be.

1 Like

Donā€™t do it Mr. Arsenal!

1 Like

If we can get rid of him we might be able to get rid of mustafi soon considering jenkinson is impossible to move!

Sorry dudeā€¦time to go! New era at the Emirates and youā€™re not part of our future plans. Take your Arsenal bed covers and remember us with pride. Enjoy Nottingham!

1 Like