Arsenal transfers 24/25

Partey and Jorginho may not be individually untouchable, but we’re not selling both of them.

Xhaka and Partey (if we got a good deal for him) would make sense to me. In no world does it make sense us selling Jorginho for the money we’d get for him.

While I’m here:

Smith Rowe +55m would work for me

Do think this would be another great signing. However much he’s deemed to be a troublemaker he was very good for them for a long sustained period

2 Likes

Thankfully, Mikel has already shut down the idea of selling ESR.

2 Likes

I dunno man, i feel we will get 1 good season out of him then he will destroy everything we are trying to build. I dont like what have seen out of him i mean if Pep cant keep him balanced what chance do we have.

1 Like

I’m not adverse, but like @Maverick79 I worry that we would only get one good season out of him. If we got him, it makes sense that White can cover CB and RB and Tomiyasu could cover LB if Tierney is sold. That means we could focus all our budget this summer on midfielder and AM/RW.

However, personally I would prefer to go all out for Caicedo, in addition to Rice, because Caicedo can play RB and could invert aka Zinny from RB to DM in possession. If Zinny continues at LB, this would give Arteta his 2-3-5 when in possession and with Rice at No.8 this would give us the ability to turn over higher up the pitch as well and maintain the press against most teams.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Timothy Castagne

Everytime I have seen him play he has been very very average. Hopefully tets and Edu see something in him I dont.

2 Likes

Think you meant to put this in the rice thread mate

1 Like

12 Likes

Both Jacob Steinberg and Chris Wheatley saying we want Rice, Gundogan AND Caicedo.
Gary Jacob said the same last week and was the first one that started this Ricedo thing in January. :pires2:

Rice and Caicedo would be madness. Rice, Caicedo AND Gundogan would be a whole new level.

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s much of a chance we sign Gundogan, but for the club to still be in the mix and with what Mert said the other day, perhaps it’s not out of the question.
I guess the potential concerns with other offers are:

• Barca, no guarantee they’ll register him
  • City, probably not that good an offer, still a 1+1 deal last time I heard
  • Saudi, likely he doesn’t want to go there
  • PSG, bit of a mess at the minute

Are these good enough reasons to join City’s rival in the league this past season and potentially going forward. Don’t know. I feel City will also act if they hear Gundogan is leaning towards joining us and give him more years like he asked.
I’m actually interested to know who the alternative to Gundogan is, if there is one. Perhaps it’s just an opportunity Arteta and co. feel they have to explore, especially on a free.

If Edu managed to pull that off and KSE funds it I think it puts to bed plenty of arguments that ownership isn’t ambitious enough.

2 Likes

I think Barca would be an attractive option, as they stand a good chance to win the league again and he could add another winners medal from another country to his collection.

In terms of alternatives, I think this is where the Mount and Maddison rumours come from. Maybe Gundogan is the first choice but we are also looking at the other two. Or those reports that he intends to use ESR alongside Odegaard could also be correct. Particularly with Rice and Caicedo linked, as Caicedo could invert from RB, Zinny from LB which would give Arteta his 2-3-5 formation in possession.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1668562707157581825?s=46&t=AXaXFdGpC85RzXwk6DBMgA

Yes we know sub standard options like Castange from Leicester

2 Likes

Don’t be such a snob. /s

2 Likes

I was enjoying the fact Cedric’s time is nearly over, I don’t need that all to start over again :joy:.

4 Likes

Add another quality striker to challenge Jesus and A CB and Right back. Then I be more impressed. I just don’t think three players even of that quality are going to assure us a PL or CL imo. But those three would be a great start for sure.

1 Like

We’re not signing Castange to take us to the next level, we’re buying him because we need a cheap back-up in that department. Are there better options for the price? We’ll find out I guess.

With Walters a season off breaking into the first team, spending big in this department will be daft.