Arsenal transfers 23/24

7 Likes

Funny source.

We might not have any scouts left but Edu was unconvinced by the Julian Brandt | Best Goals & Tricks 2020 video he saw on YouTube.

12 Likes

The comment below. :rofl:

1 Like

I agreed but then I saw that choupo-moting passed the Bayern test.

So it canā€™t be that reliable

1 Like

:thinking:

EDIT: Arsenal might know what theyā€™re doing.

Arsenal are scouting and looking at a number of left-backs and are one of several Premier League sides watching Crystal Palaceā€™s Tyrick Mitchell.

1 Like

Iā€™d take Bertrand as a back up to Tierney, homegrown too so it checks that box

7 Likes

Thatā€™s the thing, any LB will have to be homegrown or will be leaving players or again.

:triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

Iā€™m fine with Ryan Bertrand as a back up.

Weā€™re not Real Madrid or Bayern who can afford top quality to just sit on the bench.

5 Likes

Whatā€™s the red flag? Age?

Age, wages and ability to contribute.

Avoid big time

1 Like

I think Ryan may hold a UK passport. If thatā€™s the case, then surely thatā€™s considered homegrown.

Edit: thatā€™s doesnā€™t seem to matter. This homegrown rule is bullshit. If you want to keep something like that then say homegrown or UK national.

Only concern is wages. Bertrand is a very good LB and more than good enough to be backup.

bertrand is probably on high wages

Heā€™s on about 70k a week

Last year it was CĆ©dricā€¦

On the face of it doesnā€™t seem like a very poor signing as heā€™s homegrown but but ultimately Iā€™m with @sevchenko.

Bertrand is a mediocre LB and weā€™d essentially be signing an English version of Kola who may be a bit better defensively but offers nothing going forward and heā€™s older and would ask for sizeable wages to boot.

Same people advocating this signing would be cussing him out before long because he isnā€™t good anymore, we can do better tbh.

3 Likes

And heā€™ll probably get a bump if he joins us.

I donā€™t know why we donā€™t just stick with Maitland Niles and Cedric as back up. Unless weā€™re going to sell AMN or Bellerin.

3 Likes