Arsenal transfers 23/24

Yes. This guy called Fuke Kin Knowone. Great box to box midfielder apparently.

3 Likes

Wasnt Fuke Kin Knowone Spuds only signing last season ? Lets hope he turns out like our latest signing from spuds.

I think we have to come to terms with the fact that we aren’t getting anybody decent this summer, what with our budget and the prices for half decent players.

With the kind of players we are linked to, getting nobody is probably a blessing. For example, the Sokratis transfer really didn’t do much for us last season, neither did Mkhi.

The kinds of players we are linked to aren’t going to do much for us.

We have some talents ourselves though. They should get playing time. The best thing we can hope for is that a few of them shine through, and we either sell them for big bucks, or build a team around them.

We also have to accept that we are shit and we will be shit next season too. There will be no improvement. Nothing to fight for. Treat next season as a clean slate and bed in and experiment as much as possible.

However despite that, we still need a CB LB and probably a RB, and the noises regarding those are encouraging.

Saliba is exactly the kind of guy we should be after. Him and a LB would be enough for me to think it’s been a decent window.

Also more than anything, getting rid of Xhaka, Mustafi and the other shitters will make this a good window than getting any of the mediocres we are linked to.

3 Likes

I agree.
But I do think we need to make some sort of an attempt at a marquee signing.
For the supporters to put up with another poor season and then a poor transfer window is just an insult, especially with the prices we pay.

Saliba and a decent LB and then a winger like Fraser, would at least be acceptable.

I know Fraser isn’t really a marquee player but he is the nearest thing we are going to get and at least we know what we are getting, that is just about in our budget.
Anything less than three signings like this would be totally unacceptable.

2 Likes

Ornstein confirms a 15 million pound bid for Tierney has been rejected.

Yep

Hopefully that pathetic bid was just to get his attention and turn his head, otherwise we might as well have offered them a packet of crisps.

2 Likes

Thank god we’re looking for another LB.

It’s a negotiation, I have no issue with the opening bid being £15m, shouldn’t take any more than £10m to get him. His head will turn

5 Likes

Peter Lawell is a tightarse

He will accept maybe not that but a little more.

Thank the lord for Ornstein…shows we have actually done something this summer.

I wouldn’t worry about the low bid…better to go in low and work your way up and think all Scottish teams value their teams in terms of crisps and mars bars…

Offer an extra £5m plus some extras and that will get the deal done.

Tierney is honestly a bit of a whish list signing.

At least we’re looking at another young talented LB, Kola is not the one.

3 Likes

Kola great for squad depth though. Fraser and Tierney will have the left side locked down fo life

2 Likes

Kola can go fuck off and guard the doors of fabric.

8 Likes

Not at 100k p/w he isn’t. Need to be sold, let Tierney and Monreal rotate. Look for another LB next year

We aren’t paesants we can afford him on that when didn’t pay a transfer fee. Just fuck off Ozil and our wages will be spot on.

1 Like

I think it depends what formation we are going to play…

4 at the back and I’d keep Monreal as back up for Tierney;

5 at the back and I’d sooner keep Kolasinac as back up as he is better going forward and there is less reliance on defending.

1 Like

I genuinely never want to see a 3CB formation used at this club ever again.

Should be using a 443/4231 hybrid depending on the opposition. Massive failing of Emery to move away from this to a top heavy side.

4 Likes

Agreed, 100k a week is fine for a squad/first team player.
Tierney would be a great signing, even at £25m, as long as we can still afford a quality CB and potentially a winger.

Not sure how at least trying something different with the players at his disposal can be qualified as a failure. Also the 3 centre backs formation wasn’t set in stone. Against Wolves and Burnley Arsenal played a back four if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

I’m going to call it…new kit deal launches on 1st July - I reckon we will announce 4 new players at the launch:

Gabriel Martinelli
Kieran Tierney
Markus Schubert
William Saliba

Why would they distract from the kit launch with player announcements? It should be all about the kit.

2 Likes