:soccer: UEFA Champions League
:tv: TNT Sports

Result

• Arsenal win
  • Draw
  • PSV win

0 voters

3 Likes

I can’t wait to be back at the Emirates on Wednesday and hearing this music again!

Kiwior, Tomi, Jorginho all getting a start surely.

Its been a while!

Lets all play what age were you when we last played a champions league match :joy:

Me, 24

2 Likes

Will be very interesting how much rotation we’ll see. Huge game back in the CL after so long.

Also, PSV are on fine form and will be confident.

1 Like

Should smack these chumps. I will rise up and put my hand on my chest when that Champions League intro plays on Wednesday. It has been a, while.

1 Like

PSV are on fire atm but it’s hard to compare the Dutch league to facing Arsenal at the Emirates.

I can unfortunately see us being nervous on our return and home opener. Going to say PSV take the lead and we come from behind to win 2-1 late.

3 Likes

don’t think this game will catch on

4 Likes

I won’t be able to sleep tonight Luke. Gutted

2 Likes

Arsenal report on UEFA.com

Arsenal (ENG)

UEFA coefficient ranking: 23
How they qualified: Second in England
Last season: Europa League round of 16
Best European Cup performance: Runners-up (2005/06)

Coach: Mikel Arteta
Assistant to Pep Guardiola at Man City from 2016 to 2019, Arteta guided the Gunners to a 14th FA Cup title in his first season in charge. After eighth and fifth-placed Premier League finishes in 2021 and 2022 respectively, Arteta’s team led the way for 248 days last term before ending as runners-up.

Key player: Martin Ødegaard
After joining the club from Real Madrid in August 2021, Ødegaard was made captain for the final eight league games of the 2021/22 campaign before taking over as permanent skipper last term. Known for his incisive passing and playmaking abilities, he registered 15 goals and eight assists in the league last season to fuel the Gunners’ title challenge.

Big summer signing: Declan Rice
Released by Chelsea as a 14-year-old, Rice not only went on to establish himself as West Ham’s talisman but a regular starter in the heart of England’s midfield. He ended his time with the Hammers in some style, helping David Moyes’ side beat Fiorentina in the 2023 Europa Conference League final.

One to watch: William Saliba
A key part of the Gunners side that stormed to the Premier League summit in the first half of 2022/23, Saliba suffered a back injury in March which kept him out for the rest of the campaign. The 2019 signing from St-Étienne has since committed his future to the club until 2027 and will be keen to recapture his best form this term.

2022/23 season
Arsenal made their best ever start to a Premier League season and made all the running in the title race until being hunted down by a relentless Man City side at the business end. The eventual champions also scuppered the Gunners’ FA Cup hopes in the fourth round, while their wait for more European silverware stretched to 39 years after being pipped on penalties by Sporting CP in the Europa League last 16.

Did you know?
The Gunners made it out of the group in their last seven Champions League campaigns – between 2010/11 and 2016/17 – but were eliminated in the round of 16 on every occasion.

Yes we did know this. We’re painfully aware of it you twats!

8 Likes

By Barcelona or Bayern Munich :joy:

Can’t remember anyone else knocking us out apart from PSV in 2006/07

Milan, Monaco…

7 Likes

They might have done well last season but we should be beating clubs like PSV at home comfortably.

This should be a comfortable win so I’ll go 2-0 with Odegaard and Saliba to score.

We’ve got a fairly easy group so if we can qualify early it means we can rest key players and give the fringe players some CL experience.

1 Like

Crowd should be rocking for this, inspire the team into a tidy 3-0.

1 Like

There will be minimal rotation imo. Strongest possible lineup because we need 3 points to start the campaign.

I would start Eddie again and bring on Jesus later in the game, with a view to starting Jesus in the NLD.

This is one of the most defining games we’ve had at the Emirates in a long time. Need a statement performance and win, get our European confidence up.

6 Likes

A horrible record…
And it’s not just that we got eliminated, we got humiliated in most of those duels, that’s what made be not bother about getting top 4 at all at the time.

1 Like

That RVP little dink against Milan still haunts me.

3 Likes

Just bought this as a keepsake to remember our return to the CL.

Fiver including delivery so bargain

https://twitter.com/afcprogramme/status/1703695650485911703?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

1 Like