Arsenal - PSV (CL) 4-0

Expecting to see something like this on Wednesday
lineup

2 Likes

I’d rather have Vieira as a LW than Trossard. He seems too static as a winger.

Should play Smith in place of Saka imho.

We are playing Spurs on weekend so need to rest Saka as he will Def start NLD

1 Like

No way Saka doesn’t start our first CL game in years.

6 Likes

True but NLD is bigger and Saka will definitely play that game.

It will be difficult for him to play two games with in space of few days. His body needs rest and we should be fine without him against PSV.

Can come on in last 15-20 minutes

He will start both games.

4 Likes

I’d change quite a few players.

------------------------Raya--------------------------
-Tomi-----Saliba--------Gabriel----Zinny–
----------------------Jorginho---------------------
-------------Odegaard------Rice----------------
----Jesus---------Trossard--------ESR-------

White, Vieira, Ramsdale and Saka come in for the NLD.

1 Like

Won’t be as many changes as people are expecting, no way Saka doesn’t start.

I think we’ll see Havertz, Jesus and maybe Tomiyasu come in from the team that started Sunday.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/TikiTakaConnor/status/1703711694520774805?t=ZH-IcICCEx3c2AAo5TUiBA&s=19

Oh sorry Trossard also, given Martinelli was the starter Sunday.

I think we play a strong side as you always want to get off to a good start in the CL, getting a few wins early allows you the flexibility to play weaker sides later. PSV also could be the biggest threat to us in this group, especially based on current form. Sevilla and Lens are both off to horrible starts in their domestic leagues while PSV is flying.

2 Likes

Fss not this cunt. He once called my grandpa an old fart at Tescos.

I fear an embarrassing campaign. If Sundays performance is any indication then it’ll be the Europa League knock out stage for us!
We haven’t got the mentality to compete in Europe nor a manager.

Saka will play 90 mins both games (or as good as), I’m absolutely certain of it.

Noa Lang, one of PSV’s better players, went off injured in their game last weekend but has travelled to London.

@Midfield_Maestro @Flexo to the principal’s office, a word is needed

I wouldn’t change much.
I will let Ramsdale start this one as his contributions helped us to reach CL.
Jorginho is a good call but Rice joined us for CL and Havertz/Vieira experiment should continue.

Ramsdale
Tomiyasu - Saliba - Gabriel - Zinchenko
Odegaard - Rice - Havertz
Saka - Nketiah - Trossard

Jorginho, Vieira, White, Kiwior to come in when we secured 2 goal lead.

ESR needs game time as well.

Arteta said top players should be able to play 90 minutes every 3 or 4 days. With that in mind I think we’ll see little rotation. Saka will definitely start, hopefully he can come off after 60 minutes or so if the game is wrapped up.

1 Like

I really want to see Kiwior in this match. Big Gabi looked gassed at the end of the Everton match, having played twice for Brazil and done a lot of travel. Without Timber we’re also basically one injury away from needing to rely on Kiwior very heavily.

One of the mistakes Arteta has made in the past has been not to integrate players enough and then, after injuries, to end up throwing in those players when they haven’t been part of the team for months. I think that’s a big danger here and Kiwior has done enough to earn a little bit of trust. We should be looking to rotate him, Gabriel, and Saliba for the two CB positions over the next month, with Gabi/Saliba getting the biggest games.

3 Likes