Arsenal Pics & Vids

Peak respectball. The Auba goal against Leicester was another beauty

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Damn he was good.

(I hope I donā€™t get a ban for posting this :grimacing: )

5 Likes

The best LB of the last 20 years in my eyes. He was a complete left back with no weaknesses to his game.

3 Likes

And besiseds his class, as one comment in video reminded me, he was literally willing to die on the pitch every single game he played for us. Thatā€™s why he was one of my favourite players at that time. I think thereā€™s hardly any other Arsenal player in the last 20 years who played with such commitment.

:heart:

I think you could make a case for him for being THE most consistent Invincible. I can hardly remember ever seeing him having a bad/weak game.

(ffs the video got removed :grimacing: ; Iā€™m sure the author will upload another version later)

Can also make a case for him as the best of the England golden generation who lived up to the billing.

3 Likes

I just donā€™t really remember seeing him have many bad games. I remember Messi giving him a nightmare and him having one really torrid game against CR7 before he adjusted and then used to dominate him.

Wenger letting him go to Chelsea was criminal lol. He dismantled a title winning team in 2 seasons and let Cole go over a few thousand pounds.

3 Likes

I think it was an absolutely ridiculous and appaling decision from the whole board, I mean Dein tooā€¦ To offer Cole anything under a world class wage.

Vieira and Henry had big contacts for a long time, they wouldā€™ve left the same if they didnā€™t have those, I guess Campbell had a big contract tooā€¦ Adams said (about ten years ago speaking about our whole club policy at that time) he wouldā€™ve left if he didnā€™t have a proper contract.

I donā€™t know the exact sum offered to Cole, you could assume was nowhere near what our top earners had.

He was an absolute established world class player for years at the moment we lost him, the best or at least on of the top LBs in the world for years. And you offer him some average wagesā€¦ No wonder he felt undervalued and underappreciated.

He was still young and had many years in front of him (which he proved with Chelsea), he was supposed to be one of the leaders of the post Invincibles generationā€¦ You simply do everything to keep a guy like that in your team, in your locker room.

But noooo, we had cLicHY and we decided Cole wasnā€™t worth the fussā€¦

:vinai:

One of our biggest mistakes ever.

2 Likes

I think Dein acknowledges in his book how badly they got the Cole one wrong. Doesnā€™t do a whole lot of good so many years later but at least he didnā€™t defend it.

2 Likes

Hes a cunt
If it wouldnt have been that particular situation, then it would have been another one where he was desperate to leave

Once a cunt, always a cunt.

Why would he? Never angled for any moves at Chelsea.

1 Like

The Gallas-Ashley Cole swap with an additional Ā£5m going to Arsenalā€¦one of the all time worst deals ever made

Just how I think itd gone
Weā€™ll never now

Granit Xhaka somehow made it to the celebrations. Despite being substituted he ran across the pitch to be involved in the celebrations

11 Likes

FA charge incoming.

1 Like