Arsenal - Nottingham Forest (PL) 5-0

What’s with Tomi on the left. Does he not trust Tierney at all?

1 Like

Old Markyboy has deleted his tweet :eyes:

Arteta has gradually got rid of the players that were bought by Emery and Wenger so it’s inevitable that Tierney would go eventually so if he does sell him, it means that one of the only first team players left from before Arteta joined, is Xhaka.

Not impressed with that.

2 Likes

Is it worth trying to find a stream

I wonder if Real are still offering 50m for Tierney…

Well you have 5 players to keep happy - Saliba, White, Zinchenko, Tomi & Tierney

Saliba is happy because White can play RB. Zinchenko is happy because he is able to play his new position as well as to foray into his natural one.
So you are left with Tomiyasu & Tierney.

Tierney is least feasible after Saliba. With Tomiyasu being able to cover 3 positions, it’s better to prioritise his goodwill in the squad compared to Tierney.

Tomiyasu is not some world-class player but compared to Tierney, he is much more reliable & much better defender.

get a couple of goals early and then just save our juice pls. that’s the same front 4 again, I see two-three starters are looking exhausted with 20 mins to go already and we’re not even a third into the season.

minimum effort win pls.

@GC-Maniac @Darkseid

It’s only October/November and we are already tiring as you can tell by our lackluster performances lately. Tierney will no doubt get a run in the side. It’s a long season and way too be making judgement calls like that. Look at Zinchenko for example, potentially our starting left back is already injured indefinitely. We need all the players we can get.

Obviously if Tierney doesn’t want to stay then there’s not much we can do about that. But I’m confident he will get plenty of games this season.

Dunno man, I don’t like the signs. Could have accepted the first time against Liverpool and then the following match against Leeds but it seems like this is more than just one or two occurrences where Tomoyasu was a better fit.
We have clear issues offensively from the left so to see Artera persisting with this is surely concerning?
I doubt it’s a fitness issue as according to Tierney himself it is purely a tactical thing.

If Tierney can’t get full games in Zinchenko’s absence then I doubt he’ll get games when he’s back.

Tierney is so much better at LB than tomi it makes me think there must be some concern about him playing too much in a week still.

Hoping for a minimum 2 goal lead by HT so we can rest a few players earlier or at least have a calm second half.

We need to crush them from the start and just control the rest of the game.

I’m confident about the positive performance, but we absolutely need to be more clinical today.

I hope Jesus got the right boots for today’s game, his goal needed more than ever, both for the team and his confidence.

1 Like

Haven’t yet changed my living room clock, just frantically got the laptop up to find a stream :facepalm:

10 Likes

:ozil:
:arteta3:

Got into the house just a while ago and saw the time was 14:25 and got proper confused. Then remembered I forgot to fix it.

1 Like

Why is Arteta being stupid with tomiyasu again.

Wtf is that about honestly.

Tierney is better than tomiyasu on the left.

And where is zinchenko I thought Tierney was the sicknote.

This is poor.

If you want to play Tomi, you can rest Ben White if you want.

Wtf is up with this aids, that works one time and then Arteta will persist until it stops working.

4 Likes

Yeah I honestly thought the “Tomiyasu at LB” experiment was over after his shit show vs Southampton. Maybe Tierney’s groin is made too much of paper and Mikul don’t wanna risk playing him every few days

2 Likes

Our left hand side consists of Tomi, Xhaka and Martinelli. That brother Martinelli about to carry that left hand side again.

I expect people to hate this but I would rather Xhaka at LB, Vieira at #8 and Martinelli in front of him. Xhaka can stay back while attacking, Vieira and Martinelli can then combine more fluently.

RIP Tierney’s Arsenal career.

2 Likes

We need Zinchenko back ASAP, Tomiyasu just isn’t the guy to fill in that role.