:stadium: Emirates Stadium
:spiral_calendar: Saturday 2023-08-12T12:00:00Z
:soccer: Premier League

Result

• Arsenal win
  • Draw
  • Nottingham Forest win

0 voters

And so it begins. Line-up predictions? Who will cover for the injured Jesus and Zinchenko? Post your thoughts below :point_down:

1 Like

I think it’ll be tougher and closer than people might like but I think we’ll win.

I think we’ll see the same lineup as against Man City but if there are any changes it might be the striker position because although Havertz got in good positions, his finishing wasn’t great so Arteta might start with Trossard.

Arsenal pretty comfortably I think, Nottingham are junk away from home.

Forest been pretty garbage in pre season as well. Anthony Elanga isn’t going to transform them.

Doesn’t matter who it is, we have to win our home games this season.

1 Like

Easy win. Three goal margin. 3-0

6-0 Arsenal.

8 Likes

The season’s properly back :smiley:

1 Like

Teta better use their comments before our match late last season as motivation.

We better start normalizing pummeling lower half teams at home. Easy way to statpad, good for confidence and it’s the least our fans deserve with our ticket pricing.

What did they say?

Absolutely shitting myself. Think Forest will knick it on the counter. Chris Wood with a brace to make Forest win 2-1. COYG

Think this’ll be difficult. Forest aren’t as shite as people think. They’ll be well up for it, and our home form in general is quite poor so I’m going with a draw.

I remember Gibbs-White cheekily saying that our title chances will hopefully have ended by the time we played them.
He’s a bit of shithouser though.

We’ll absolutely pump Forest.

1 Like

Before the run-in last season we had the best home record in the league.

If we start worrying about beating sides like Forest at home or barely scraping through then we really need to reconsider the title challengers tag.

1 Like

That’s true, we did. But the second half of the season felt more like the reality of what this squad is capable of on an average day.

If we’re at our best, we’ll blow them out the water.

How’s our opening day win record?

30 years ago we lost 3-0 at home to Coventry.

1 Like

Didn’t we lose to Villa at home all those years ago before signing Ozil and having that crazy run till Christmas where we capitulated?

Edit:

1 Like