Arsenal Kits and Merch

Everything else is completely sold out apart from the short and long sleeve football top.

Funny how everyone preferred everything but the tops :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I got my one yesterday forgot to upload it.

Going to be honest not a big fan of this one. It has that early 90s baggy design which I’m not really a fan off but the arms are just taking the piss fucking hell, looks like they added a pair of parachutes either side! The stripes are an iconic Adidas design and will always remind me of the 94 World Cup (even if not technically the same). Will keep and get it framed won’t wear though.

5 Likes

The tops just aren’t that comfortable or flattering tbh. Can’t wear 100% polyester during the summer (well, maybe in England you can) and they’re cut so wide that you can’t really wear them under a hoodie.

1 Like

Yep that’s my biggest issue with some of these releases, the first and cut is horrible. Honestly don’t remember jerseys being like that when I was a kid. Although I do remember the 100% polyester tops being a mother fucker to wear :joy:

1 Like

You mean you don’t like being super sweaty but somehow also freezing and itchy at the same time?

1 Like

Hahah summarised it perfectly bro. When you said that I just remembered Like damn shirts really were uncomfortable, my red 98 England jersey and the 99/00 black away Ajax kit comes to mind. Used to wear them when playing football, freezing then like you said get hot and sweaty and itchy all the same time, plus they have like zero give so they uncomfortable as fuck as well :joy::rofl:

1 Like

I like the old school badges better for sure. This particular one with all the odd stripes going in various directions isn’t my fave though.

2 Likes

Yeah we been saying for a while that Arsenal need to bring back the old school crest. The one we have now looks like something a kid did on his windows home computer. Not even sure why they changed it in the first place?

2 Likes

Something to do with not being able to copyright the old crest.

1 Like

That badge is stunning, really wish we’d opt for a cannon or something along that theme if we want something simple that looks fresh. Our badge does look outdated now and not all that nice

1 Like

It’s very dated now.

Clubs like Chelsea that dabbled in more modern design went back to the old badge. Maybe they had a different copyright situation.

It wouldn’t be hard for the club to slap something together that looks closer to the OG badge. There are plenty of people posting photoshops of it on Instagram right now.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve been tempted, many times. But I have a sneaky feeling Adidas will reissue it next year. Hopefully with a long-sleeve version.

2 Likes

You’d think adidas would do that next season as their contract is allegedly running down. Maybe give the club something to think about in terms of fielding offers from other manufacturers.

They’ve done an incredible job. I can’t be the only one who found the Puma stuff to feel kind of cheap in comparison. (Although Puma has changed their approach a little since signing with Man City. I have a recent Marseille kit and the material is much nicer than it was. No plastic badge either.)

2 Likes

I hated the Puma kits and honestly am not a big fan of the brand. Might be snobby or years of conditioning thru marketing by I too think they are more of a cheap low quality brand.

Wouldn’t mind going back to Nike with the hopes they start releasing classic shirts so I can bag adult sizes for some of the iconic late 90s jerseys.

2 Likes

@BizzySignal Nike kind of did us dirty towards the end. There was zero imagination and, at least in the US, a real lack of marketing push or products compared to Man U and Barcelona.

1 Like

Wow really? Would of thought that Nike would go all in for the US market.

I agree that the last few designs were weak, and I know it’s not a popular opinion but for me personally the majority of the 00 kits were not very good. We won a lot in that early period but I didn’t really like some of the jerseys we had.

Nah it was pretty meh tbh. Online shopping (and shipping) wasn’t what it was now obviously even back in 2008 for example.

I would love a rerelease of the maroon Highbury shirt with maybe a slimmer fit. I bought one off eBay years ago that was a small and it looked like a dress on me. :unamused:

2 Likes

Haha so true, honestly I hate the baggy tops as well :joy::rofl:

A football shirt that looked like a dress you say. We know a forward who might be interested in that don’t we.

3 Likes

Sign him up!

2 Likes