Arsenal Football Club History

Jenkinson should have been sold after the first loan spell at West Ham where they were very happy with him.

Just seen he’s got 11 league appearances in 3.5 years at Nottingham. He never recovered from that injury and now a player who should have had a decent lower table PL / championship career has probably been finished since he was about 25/26

3 Likes

In fairness to Wenger the idea was solid the application not so much.

Just look at that fucking tackle Kane made yesterday, don’t tell me the English tax rebate ain’t a thing.

We need to qualify for CL so we can wish list target Rice, Greenwood and Sterling, we’d be the referees then.

4 Likes

We’d be challenging for the PL title with those three, with or without the ref’s on our side. :grinning:

2 Likes

We were definitely too spoilt.

7 Likes

All sexy Freddie that tbh

2 Likes

I was at the game in the Clock End.
I don’t think it was a thriller but it was nice to see players from previous seasons, especially the double winning side.

2 Likes
6 Likes

That was a real Emirates highlight that one.

Loved the fa cup run that year

1 Like

Gnabri was insane on that day. By far his best game here.

Pretty sure the year is wrong with it it being 2007 instead? :grin:

4 Likes

Baptista was so good at coming from deep he was criminally misused as a striker.

His best position was a central midfielder who made runs into dangerous areas or and attacking midfielder.

He was pretty shit at this too tbf.

Wasn’t a surprise when Gooners renamed him Craptista

1 Like

He wasn’t shit at that otherwise he wouldn’t have ended up at Real Madrid after scoring 50 goals across two seasons at a midfielder in Spain

He basically never got given a chance here. Was signed and played as our 4th choice striker when that just wasn’t his position

He was shit at that here, essentially. Even when Wenger would put him on as a sub, you’d think “wtf is this guy doing?!”

Shame, really, cos we wanted him to do well. Signed him a season too late.

1 Like

He wasn’t a success here because Wenger never gave him a role that suited his talent and ability. He was an attacking midfielder who wa signed on loan to be our 4th choice striker.

Injuries curtailed his career but Baptista was a top talent before Real Madrid signed him and bizarrely decided that the left wing in a 4-4-2 was his new position lol

Either way he had a good career, scored some incredible goals, won some trophies and then retired

I genuinely wanted him to be a success here but it just didn’t work out unfortunately

2 Likes

He was shyte , utter shyte !
All the hype about Baptista and what a donkey he was .
Whether or not it was Wenger making Baptista out to be a world class player or
Baptista could only score against a playground 11 .
Shocking player and a below average ability

2 Likes